• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 21.1.0: Zoom In/Out Bug moves to center of image.

Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 21.1.0 today. With floating window zoom in/out with Ctrl +/- moves the view to the center of the image. In full screen the behavior is normal. Please fix it.

thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

This should be fixed in Photoshop 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate
17 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I was referring to the following behavior: floating window > zoomed to area on the left upper corner of the image > press "cmd -" to zoom out one step > view jumps to center of image.
before the update i stayed at the same upper left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "zoom clicked point to center" enabled under Preferences > Tools...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it is not enabled. but anyway I'm not clicking, I'm using a keyboard shortcut.
And anyway I went back with one version. Too many bugs in the last Update. Slow, unstable, strange behavior in many ways. don't see the point and don't have the time to describe them all. Really frustrated with the way how things are developing:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here - super annoying... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.1.1 still the same behavior!!!! please fix!
I really don't understand? why are you breaking stuff instead of improving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to reproduce this problem. Can you reproduce the problem with Default Preferences? If so, can you make a video demonstrating your issues with default preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the BUG! It happens when the Overscroll is turned ON. Here is a video showing how it behaves with the Overscroll turned ON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XeL1At8eU&list=PLcLqMzPef2xJSd3DR3qVXAjiwutbm8G4u&index=2&...

Please FIX it.

@Jeffrey: I followed your suggestion and done settings reset, that is the way I found the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any response? could anyone reproduce this?
is this addressed in 21.1.2? I don’t want to re-install 21.0.3 for third time. please give me some information Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 21.2.0 and still having the same issue on my end as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just turn off the "Overscroll" option in Preferences > Tools. I realized that I don't really need it. Then everything should work fine.
Although I didn't try the 21.2.0 yet. Scared to do any Photoshop Updates nowadays:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overscroll with floating documents is the key to reproduce. I'll have engineering take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in Photoshop 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

in general it works now but not always. I just made few tests and sometimes it still jumps to the center if the image. I can’t explain why and when. but most of the time it works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I experience this problem as well.

Here's the thing.. When I have "Overscroll" clicked off - I experience rotation tool problems. When I rotate the canvas the image will quickly move away from the area I'm zoomed in on and working (have to keep moving back to the work zone after each rotation - very distracting). In order to remedy this rotation glitch I click "Overscroll" on. Fixed.

Now we have the "zoom to center of canvas/image" problem. Yes, turning off "Overscroll" seems to remedy this glitch. But, I need to have "Overscroll" turned on to appease my rotation tool issue..

I think I may have found a solution.. With "Overscroll" clicked on, click off "Zoom Resizes Window." This allows me to zoom in on any area of the canvas without going to the center. These settings allow me to use both tools correctly and simultaneously. 

There may be more to this (there are a lot of tool settings), but try it out and let me know if it helps. Cheers!

BTW, I'm running PS 2020 Ver-21.2.4. Running on 2019 27" iMac i9 - Catalina 10.15.7. I recently updated to PS 2021, but had to downgrade back to PS 2020 after experiencing a repetitive glitch that makes PS unworkable (all tools stop working). Adobe is having trouble explaining in concrete terms. They think there may be some GPU compatibility issues with the latest 2021 version (I run Radeon Pro 580x 8gb). Adobe personally informed me to either downgrade to 2020 or run PS 2021 without my GPU. Chose to run my GPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it's fixed in most cases. If you figure out steps where it doesn't work consistently, open a new thread. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved my zoom in and out issues in 21.1.0 by going into Preferences and Tools and checking all of the Zoom options - then I went into my open document and zoomed all the way in and out, then I went back into preferences and un-checked the Zoom options in Tools, and now everything works fine.  My issue was that when I was zooming in, some or all of the document would disappear and only reappear when I zoomed out - and I couldn't scroll (scrolling was unavailable for part of the remaining image when zommed in).  When the tab was docked, the image sometimes disappeared altogether, and when I mad the window free-floating, part of it would reappear, but not all.  Seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate