• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 30 bit image display problem on Win 8.1

LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am viewing on a 30-bit capable, Asus PA249Q monitor, connected to a 30-bit capable Quadro K620 card via DisplayPort, in Win 8.1 Pro
Bios and graphics card have the last driver
I have installed Photoshop CC 2014.2 and enable acceleration, open GL and the 30 bit monitor option in preference menu.

10 bit Color Depth Demo Application by NEC work fine and tell me that the 30 bit in my system is activate! To test if the 10 bit color depth mode is working I open the file testramp.psd that is a gray scale gradient into Photoshop. If the 10 bit color depth mode is working properly, the gradient appears smooth. In case of 8 bit color depth you will see banding.

unfortunately, I see banding but my system is 30-bit capable!

The same situation with an ATI FirePRO V5800

Why photoshop doesn't support 30 bit monitor? is this a bug?

thanks

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with CC 2014 using Windows 7 SP1 64 bit with an Nvidia Quadro 600 graphics card and NEC PA272W monitor with 10-bit/color support and a DisplayPort cable. I can get 30 bit color to work in PS CS6 as long as the Zoom view is 64% or higher, but nothing in CC 2014.2.2. See this post for more details: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7147...

My Nvidia Quadro 600 card is listed as tested with CS6: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...

30 bit color mode works properly with the NEC 10 bit Color Depth Demo Application. and Zoner Photo Studio application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since 2014 and 2015 versions. CS6 and CC worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I have yet to see banding in any of my real-world camera image files using 24 bit display mode and the vast majority of printers only support a 24 bit data path. Maybe this is why Apple hasn't bothered to update OS X to support 30 bit color displays. What's ironic is that OS X has supported a 48 bit printer data path for years......go figure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do film post production work and VFX and banding is constant issue. Why works in older versions but not new version makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

30-bit color still broken in Photoshop CC 2014 with K5000. I have NEC PA302W displays connected via DisplayPort to K5000 Nvidia cards. 30-bit color works in Photoshop CS6, stopped working in Photoshop CC and not working in Photoshop CC 2014. Works in all three flavors of Premiere Pro CS6 to CC 2014. Major pain after getting this setup for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate