• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Acrobat offsets raster objects in after editing in CS6

Explorer ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on two different machines os windows 7 it in acrobat 8, 9.51, 10.1 versions, also pdf document version from 1.3 to 1.7.
Problem: when choose "Edit object" tool, choose image>right click>Edit image. Image opening in photoshop CS6, after any editing for example change color model, saving and closing, in acrobat position of image changes, often to bottom and left corner of document.
If do such actions in Photoshop CS5, everything is ok, position of object after editing is constant
Thanks in advance and good luck

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015
Fixed in CS6 (13.0.1) or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
24 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is just editing the image.
Photoshop doesn't know anything about the position of the image on a page.

Acrobat would be responsible for the position of that image on the page -- so you need to ask the Acrobat team what is going on and why their behavior changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell what you're trying to show in that second image: you edit in Photoshop, add a gradient map, and Acrobat picks up the changes like it should.

In the first image you showed a bug in Acrobat, where the edited image was not kept in it's proper location. The Acrobat team will have to solve that issue in Acrobat.

Again, Photoshop has no knowledge of the position of the image within Acrobat -- Photoshop just sees and edits the image file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uranic,

I just tried to reproduce this - but couldn't with Acrobat 10 and Photoshop CS6 on Mac 10.7.4.

Would it be possible to post your problematic PDF. I can forward to the Acrobat team if I can repro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dimensions changes in ps so it isnt acrobat. its wrong saving with cropping to image bounds instead keeping artboard bounds of tmp file, and when dimensions are different then position changes from primary (sorry for bad english)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop doesn't change dimensions unless you explicitly change them (image size).

This still sounds like it must be an Acrobat bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont change image size, just clicking save item
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17492325/A9R5...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17492325/A9R5...
try to open both files in ai or acrobat and ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the files. Hopefully the Acrobat team can get to the bottom of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that this seems to be a Photoshop CS6 issue NOT acrobat. I discovered this bug 2 days ago and have been testing like mad and my results point to PS6 not acrobat. I can reproduce this across different versions of Acrobat (8,9, and 10), across different OSes (XP, Win7, and OSX) and have tested using CS 2,3,4,5,5.5 and 6. Photoshop CS6 is the ONLY version that displays the above behavior.

I would love to upgrade and deploy 90 CS6's to my organization this year but cannot do so until we get this fixed. Is this the best place for me to post my results? Would a video be more helpful to explain the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can't be the source of the problem since Photoshop doesn't know anything about the Acrobat layout. Acrobat is the only application here that knows about the position of the document, and the only one that could get it confused.

No, the best place to post your results would be on the Acrobat user forums ( http://forums.adobe.com/community/acr... ), where the Acrobat team can see them and work with you to figure out the problem in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I understand your point and will be happy to post in the acrobat forums...

I was thinking the same thing as you but what then would explain why this behavior ONLY happens with Photoshop CS6? Illustrator CS6 works fine BTW. Do you think PS CS6 is somehow removing information from the PDF content steam that was previously retained? PS6 is seemingly introducing something to the image that acrobat doesn't know how to interpret?

When I keep all the other variables exactly the same and I use Photoshop CS 5.5, 5,4,3, or 2, everything works fine with both Acro 8,9 and 10. As soon as I change my touch up tool to Photoshop CS6 then it goes wonky.

Now for the record Acro8 and Acro9/10 display different behavior with Photoshop CS6. When touching up an image with Acro8 the image comes back from Photoshop and anchors itself to the lower left hand corner of the document just like the example above. (Essentially all position information is lost). Using Acro9/10 the image comes back from Photoshop CS6 and stays anchored on it's original lower left but if re-sized it does not retain it's original content box definitions. (In layman's term if I take a 1"x1" image send it to PS CS6 and change it's size to 2"x2", it would normally squeeze the 2"x2" image back into the 1"x1" image area)

Any thoughts before I start hound the acrobat folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to this, if the image in the pdf is "rotated" (i.e. I have a pdf with a picture of a car that is upside down) and I use the touchup tool to edit the file in Photoshop CS6, the modified image does NOT retain is rotated state! When sent back to acrobat it "un-rotates"! Once again this ONLY happens with Photoshop CS6

-Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really don't know. There could be any number of things that Acrobat might have added as metadata and Photoshop not know about, or Acrobat be misreading, or ....
But Acrobat is the only one with the full knowledge, and the ability to debug this. Even if it was a bug in Photoshop - we wouldn't know where to start until Acrobat debugged it on their side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just another symptom of some placement/transform metadata getting lost. Same problem, different spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. We have and bug logged internally and the team's working on this with the Acrobat folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ecstatic to find that I am not the only one experiencing this problematic issue with using Photoshop CS6 as Acrobat's TouchUp editor.

Last week I had searched for but did not find this problem posted, so I posted the problem myself here .

Since this is clearly already a known issue I would like to delete my post from last week, but I am having trouble doing that for some reason. Can an admin delete or merge for me? ...thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Photoshop CS6 as the TouchUp image editor for Acrobat 9 or X on Mac OS 10.6.8 images are frequently blowing outside of their masking paths and moving from or losing their original positions and/or size ratios and/or rotations in the PDF file when saved back into the PDF after editing.

I have tested these same PDF files using Photoshop CS5 as the touch up editor instead of CS6 and this is not occurring so something is definitely not working right. I also tested using Acrobat 9 instead of X and CS6 produced the same errors.

Edited images should keep the same position, rotation, and size ratio, and they should remain masked by associated path objects within the PDF file when the image is saved.

I wish I could go ahead and make the switch to Photoshop CS6 as my Acrobat TouchUp editor, but until this is fixed that workflow will be hopelessly broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this problem on our Mac and Windows machines.

Today it caused a reprint of an entire job. One of our operators used the Edit Image option of the Edit Object tool to change a QR code to black only and when she saved the image it moved more than 1/8" in the PDF. She didn't notice and it printed that way! My company lost money and the boss is pissed.

Now I know that we cannot use this useful tool until a fix is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried the new update 13.0.1. It seems that everything works as it should. I express my deep gratitude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, This issue appears to be taken care of... I have not had a chance to fully test it but it certianlly passes the sanity test...

Thank you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Acrobat added some new metadata that they wanted preserved, but, um, they missed.
Once we found out what they were missing, we added code to preserve their new metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and tested today. Works great on files that previously failed. Excellent work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Fixed in CS6 (13.0.1) or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate