• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Adjustment Layers super slow and jerky

Engaged ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug in Photoshop concerning adjustment layers, Photoshop v 24.4.1, Macbook Air M1, 8 core, 16 GB ram, sufficient free SSD space.

It's not the first time, Photoshop gets slow after updates. It got again comulative worse since v 22 or so.

Draging the points on the curve adjustment layer is almost impossible. Jerky and laggy, slow, slow, slow, unusable. The image is not so big, 16 bit ProPhotoRGB loaded, but cropped from a 24 megapixel camera.

2023-05-11_15-20-58.jpg

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Thank you for sharing your file and updates. The team does see this issue though not on all M1s but will continue to look into it.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Roland_Rick cuirious if you have reset your prefs and if this continues?

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory, thanks for reply.

I would have been attaching the .psd here, but it has 152 MB and that's to big to upload here.

So, I uploaded it to my Google drive there it should be possible to download, for analysis purposes only, © 2023 by Roland Rick, Liechtenstein.

Click here for download.

Thanks for your hint, but honestly, I don't want to reset anything, that's a felony alike shifting back the problem to the customer, insted of solving the performance problems Photoshop has since ever, specially on Macs.

FYC: I already did that reset thing once, it had no effect. And I won't repeat it, because doing so, you are losing all settings and never can restore them as they were.

Well, that since ever is possibly an exaggeration, performance problems started in the early 2000's when Adobe once decided to no longer support OSX but only Windows.

A misdecision which was dropped later. But retaining a bad thing for all Mac users: performance never again catched up with Windows and Premiere is still permanet crashing and unusable on Macs. Well, I'm working with FCP and DaVinci Resolve Studio anyway, which are 100 x faster and never crash.

Adobe still doesn't get it: The Mac is the computer for creative people. It does everything that includes coming with calibrated displays (AdobeRGB or P3) etc., you have to spend a fortune on hardware until you have a Windows computer at the same quality level.

Photoshop must run performantly also with my preferences and settings, shoudln't it?

It's expensive enough, e.g. 10 yrs Photoshop and Lr subscription only are about whopping CHF (or USD) 1500, so I expect such a software to run performantly and not at snail speed, almost impossible to use it. Using my preferences and setting.

Adobe: just another word for rip-off. :(((((

It's really not funny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your file and updates. The team does see this issue though not on all M1s but will continue to look into it.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Updated to a new M1 2021 Macbook and current Photoshop and it's super buggy. I get the same issue as Roland among other issues. Also the Adjusments interface don't always load correctly with unusual lines around various parameters that clearly not a new design feature but the program not working and providing the panels correctly.

Whatever the case, there are so many bugs. Also Color issues. What I see in Photoshop vs, what my output file looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here with M2. Can't edit anything anymore because it's too jerky.

Votes

Translate

Translate