• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Arabic text issue

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday i update my photoshop cc 2020 21.1.3 to 21.2 latest one but i got some bugs 1st one is that when i used text tool and write some thing like arabic text the screen display 2 text one is mine 2nd one is default text which one is freez and some of my arabic fonts did not work in it . i also attached a screen shot along this complaint ...my 2nd problem is GPU disable ater updates i am trying to updates my drivers already updated i trying everything but still problem ... sorry for my bad english and thanks in advanced ..

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
54 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you will send me your e-mail address, I can send you directly the relevant otf files from my fonts library

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, since updating many Hebrew fonts not working (Guttman etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue, since updating most Hebrew fonts are not working... I have several purchased fonts that were working perfectly until the update this morning. Please help, this is a catastrophe for my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for bringing this matter to our attention.  We're currently investigating a fix and hope to be able to offer a solution soon.
The easiest workaround would be to roll back to 21.1.3 for now -- but not too long, I hope!
Toda / shukran / thanks,David
p.s. -- and, again, if you have other issues with Arabic or Hebrew typography in Photoshop, please let us know...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you uncheck the check box in Type preference "Enable missing glyph protection" and see whether the bug will go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uncheked it, restarted PS again, but the problem still exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

The new photoshop version 21.2 has ruined the functionality of non-unicode Arabic fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a font, each glyph must have a unique name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David, I am experiencing the same. Below is a screen shot of a very popular "titr" font used for headlines on Windows 10 (Photoshop 20.2 -- I have been using this font with Photoshop since 2005 and it still works just fine with other Windows 10 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this problem with Persian  fonts and show some of my fonts as square.
but some Persian fonts are ok

Image is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem
this big bag i cant working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ofir,
Agree with you and hopefully in the next delivery they will fix it. For the meantime you can downgrade your PS to previous version like 21.1.3 or even work with PS 2019. (this is what I've been doing for works with Hebrew text)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In latest version(20.2.0) Im trying to type some arabic text (With Casablanca font and many of other fonts); In world ready mode it dosent work! Jast shows [][][][][][][] in stead words!
In Latin and East Asia layout i can see Arabic words but they displayed as English words (د ا دع ت) and not as Arabic words (تعداد)!

Help me Plz!

With Regards, Ghasem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarHabtayn ya Ghasem,

I saw your post in the other thread and I wanted to respond to you.

I understand this bug came at a really bad time for you.  It blindsided us too.  For what it's worth, we're actively working on a solution.  Hopefully, it will be available soon.  Sorry for the headache this is creating for you.

In the meanwhile, as I've mentioned elsewhere, this bug only impacts a subset of fonts.  Of the fonts which ship with the OSes are almost all fine, such as Myriad Arabic or Geeza Pro or Simplified Arabic or Arabic Typesetting.  We are aware of some incompatibilities with a few of Apple's AAT fonts, but that's been the same way for at least ten years.

To prevent this in the future and because it's good for us to know, what are common fonts in your work in Arabic, Persian, Urdu, or Hebrew?  I'd like to build a list of the  common ones so that we can explicitly test these in the future.

Shukran,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

When you run into text being displayed as a series of boxes, that means that the font doesn't include those specific glyphs (characters).  The boxes are "missing glyph symbols," colloquially referred to as "tofu boxes."  If you change fonts, things should work.

If you have a list of commonly used Persian fonts, would you be willing to share?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,
For Hebrew fonts you can go to http://freefonts.co.il/ - these are free Hebrew fonts which are not OS fonts and you can make a list out of them and test them.
In addition, there is a known company in Israel that makes digital photo books. When installing its software, it also installs plenty of Hebrew fonts - BN font family.
https://www.lupa.co.il/LandingPage/chrome-install.aspx
After installing it, you can uninstall it, but it will leave the BN fonts family in your fonts directory.

Now, regarding Adobe, they insisted on closing the case, although it hasn't been fixed yet. Do you know if a fix for that issue will arrive in the next delivery?

Thanks for all you help,
Maya 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once i downloaded the latest update, i couldn't even type right to left in Hebrew. Left to right only. I had to uninstall photoshop and download the previous version. I should note that in the new version you removed the middle east and merged the type in the settings and gave the new name "East and asian" together(without a different option  East Middle". And it completely removed the option to print from right to left. If you try to uninstall Photoshop and download the latest version right away, you won't be able to type right to left at all.

Elad Shevach

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
I have the same problem at some of my persian fonts ( like [Samim FD-WOL] which you can download it from this link: https://github.com/rastikerdar/samim-font/releases/download/v4.0.5/samim-font-v4.0.5.zip )
This issue wasn't there at my previous photoshop versions (2019 version and before)
Could you explain especially how should I fix this problem ?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yu huuuuu!!!! it is working!
Thank you so much.
I've just tested it and all my Hebrew fonts are working and being displayed correctly again.
Good morning all 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Same here.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate