• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Arrow keys not working properly in Curves after switching channels

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrow keys work without hassle when Channel is set to RGB (default). However, if I change to a different channel and place a new point on the curve, the arrow keys switch between channels instead of moving the new point.

There is a workaround, but it is not intuitive and requires an extra click: Open curves tool. Select a color channel using either the drop down manu or pressing Alt+3, Alt+4, or Alt 5. Place a new point on the curve. Then, click your mouse in the Output field or the Input field (where the number is displayed). Then the arrow keys move the point properly. This is on Windows 10, PS version 21.2.4.

If this cannot be fixed, it might be worth updating the help file at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/curves-adjustment.html in the section "Keyboard shortcuts: Curves" where it states "To move selected points on the curve, press the arrow keys."

Thank you.

{Title edited by moderator - PS-72961}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
19 Comments
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Hopefully it will get a fix in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I can't reproduce this on macOS 10.15.x either in the Image > Adjust > Curves... dialog or in the properties panel using a curves adjustment layer.

Do you have a screen shot of the dialog/panel you're trying this with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 10 20H2 build 19042.1165. Latest Photoshop CC. If I use the arrow keys it moves between the different colour chanels rather than move the point selected on the curve as it used to. This was a very convernient method to accurately change the curve.Screenshot 2021-08-26 100824.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Got it. Will have engineering take a look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. A simialr thing happens with control sliders in camera raw. It might be part of the same thing. Clicking on a slider and moving is works ok but when you then attempt to use the arrow keys to adjust it jumps to different control sliders and changes them instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested on Windows 10 with Photoshop version 22.5 and it's working fine for me, no issue with Camera Raw either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't repro the Camera Raw behavior either. Got a screenshot/video of the control/setup you're trying to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Here is how to reproduce this:

Open an image.
Go to Image->Adjustments->Curves
On the Channel drop down menu switch from "RGB" to "Red" using mouse.
Click somewhere on the histogram to create a point
Press the down arrow
(instead of moving the point down on the histogram, it instead switches to the green channel)

I'm using PS 22.5.0 on Windows 10

I'm attaching a snip of where this is happening. If you need a video, I can probably do that, just need to install some software.

Thanks,
Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got that one. But I can't reproduce a similar behavior @tobylong is reporting in the Camera Raw dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey. I see now that it is just a subtle change of behaviour. I was using an older version on a mac and when you moved(clicked on) a slider, say on exposure, the + and - amount box stayed on exposure even when you moved the pointer away or over another slider and you could use the arrow keys to adjust. Now it changes the + and - box when you move the pointer over another slider without clicking on it. It's just something to get used to.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone confirm the PS version when issue didn't use to occur on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumped from 2020 Photoshop on a Mac to latest on a PC when I noticed the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tobylong thanks for the additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the MAX 2021 release of Photoshop 23.0. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mohit, unfortunately the issue is still there in this latest update.

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this looks like it was errantly marked fixed for this release. Checking with engineering.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey. Still the same problem. It wouldn't be so bad with a mouse but using a wacom pen I have to run a mouse alongside to get better control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mohit. Yes this update has resolved this issue for myself. All good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate