• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Artboard > Export As to support better than 2 decimal point granularity (worked fine in 19.1.6)

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use Export As for an Artboard the granularity is 1%, i.e. if you enter 0.625 it is rounded up to 0.63. This is a massive limitation when it comes to exporting artboards and is an issue that was not in 19.1.6, where it worked fine.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim-
Where are you seeing this? In objects in the artboard or the artboard itself? Also, which measurement units are you using?

Thanks
-Tom Attix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom, Sorry for the slow response.

I need to be able to export Artboards to very precise image sizes (pixels). When I use PS 19.1.6 (macOS 10.14.3) and use Export As, then in the Size All section I can enter/use sizes like 0.6256 (e.g. Size: 0.6256). That enables me to get the exported image to the size I want.

In PS 20 (macOS 10.14.3) when I do this and come to export the size is ALWAYS rounded up to 2 decimal places, e.g. 0.63. That this happens means I cannot get the exact size images I need to be exported and it is driving me crazy as it means I have to use PS 19.1.6 for my work, not good when paying a lot for a subscription. 

Under PS > Preferences > Units & Rulers I have settings:
Rulers: Pixels
Type: Points

FYI I had a long chat session with a support representative who said this was a known issue and it was pretty well impossible to fix because of the new way Photoshop 20 was working under the hood. I could not believe it, frankly, that such a retrograde step was taken.

Hope the above helps and that there is a fix or workaround for PS 20.

Atb

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom, any further update or comment on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom, Is a fix for this coming any time soon in PS20? I ask because I saw reports recently that Adobe will soon be stopping people using older versions. If because of that I am forced to stop using PS19 and cannot use PS20 because of the retrograde functionality above, then I'm afraid I would have no choice but to look elsewhere....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are twice as many people who care about this now! Need that decimal precision back, please. And while you're at it, can we have more characters for the "suffix" option? I don't think it used to be limited. But if you have to, how about 30ish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom, there is complete radio silence on this. It is still a bug in 20.0.5. When will it be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2019 Sep 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Bump. Any news on the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate