• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto Blend Layers not focus blending - Photoshop 2014.1

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 registered images of fungi, all images are at the same exposure settings but focused at different levels within the frame. I need to 'blend' together to make one image with a combined DoF.
Ok, so I've imporetd into PSCC as 4 stacked Layers, non of which are Background Layers. I've selected all 4, auto alligned and then used Auto Blend Layers [ABL]. The outcome is that the top 3 layers have totaly black masks applied and the bottom all white. All I basically get as an output is one of the 4 images, no selectivity whatsoever, presumably because of the 3 totally black masks. It also executes the process very quickly.
I assume ABL should be selecting the better focused areas on each image [white on the black masks] and combining all to give me one image with collective DoF. This isn't happening

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014
This issue is fixed in the 2014.2 update. See the update announcement here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 202 Replies 202
202 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-blend is working for other customers using 2104.2.1 - so we need to figure out what's unique to your system to cause your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disable plugins and focus stacking still did not work in CC 2014.2.1 but does work in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to delete and install? I provided you with my system information. What else should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't uninstall and reinstall (if that's what you're asking).

When you say focus stacking doesn't work, what is the behavior you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select 6 images in bridge, I select Photomerge (align and blend). All six arrive in PS in layers, they are aligned. in the blend phase, five images have 100% black masks, One image has a 100% white mask. It did not blend and only one image is actually visible, the other five have been "masked out". When it works, in CC all six mages have a mask and with different degrees of white and black and they blend perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were just my system OS 7 on my desktop I would understand. I have a very fast laptop running OS 8 PC, fairly new and it has the same problem! It is not just my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is 12/23/14, I just downloaded the latest version of Photoshop CC (2014.2.2), and autoblend still does not work. Once a reproducible bug of this magnitude is identified, especially a feature which worked perfectly in an old version, there is no excuse for taking this long to correct it. No, we shouldn't keep calm, Photoshop is expensive, and Adobe needs to get off its rear end and fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREE ... they are not listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was this guy from Adobe on here that tells me that it's my system. I have two computers with two different operating systems (7&8) and neither works - give me a break...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: I finally got it to work. Anyone still having problems, try doing what is described here: http://photography.tutsplus.com/artic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in older versions just not the current 2014 version. The link is from 2013. It does not apply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works correctly in 2014.2.2. Do you have the latest updates installed? http://adobe.ly/PS-Up-To-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Version: 2014.2.2 20141204.r.310 2014/12/04:23:59:59 CL 994532 x64
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit AND it does not work. I also have Adobe CS 6 on my computer and it appears I can no longer access it as it has become unrecognizable. What happened to CS 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond, it sounds like you are seeing a different issue than this thread covers. Customer who were affected by this specific issue has confirmed it works after it was fixed in an update. Can you create a new topic and be specific about what does not work for you? Does it fail completely? Does it give an error?

Did you uninstall CS6? You can install prior versions of applications in Creative Cloud following these instructions: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is the right place. I am attempting to focus stack 8 images of a flower. It goes through the process of align and blend and I am left with 7 black masks and 1 pure white. No error ... I should be getting 8 masks each with a mixture of white and black as part of the blend.... it is not happening. It works in CS 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, as mentioned at the top of this topic - this issue was fixed in the 2014 updates. The bug was introduced in 2014.1 and fixed months ago in 2014.2.
All you have to do to fix it is install the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have not seen a case in 2014.2 where it does not work. The issue discussed in this topic was quite definitely fixed in 2014.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you are still running 2014.1 and have not installed the 2014.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i HAVE INSTALLED 2014.2 AND IT DOES NOT WORK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i HAVE INSTALLED 2014.2 AND IT DOES NOT WORK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the issue discussed in this topic is fixed in Photoshop CC 2014.2.
Other people are using the auto merge features without any problems in Photoshop CC 2014.2. We have not seen any problems with auto merge in Photoshop CC 2014.2, and cannot reproduce the problem you describe in Photoshop CC 2014.2.

You may want to try uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling it again to make sure you didn't have a problem with the updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that but I also have CS 6 on the computer, do they share resources AND is there a conflict?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they don't share resources, no there is no conflict with other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across this thread while trying to find information on the net that would enlighten me regarding this problem. So far I've been very happy with Photoshop CC, the first 'full' version of photoshop I've ever had. I became very disappointed recently when attempting, unsuccessfully, to perform depth of field stacking / blending using the auto blend feature. I am now enlightened - it isn't my lack of knowledge but a flaw in the software that's causing this issue. Any idea when this problem will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, as explained at the top of the topic - this was already fixed in CC 2014.2. Please install the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate