• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera Raw as a Filter (not the plugin) freezes Photoshop on use

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop is getting stuck whenever I try to use the camera raw filter; nothing opens up after I click on it, and I can't even close my photoshop. everything gets stuck and a sound like a notification comes up, but still, nothing shows up 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Update July 23, 2024

Photoshop 25.11 was released yesterday and contains one additional fix for this issue that hopefully restores the functionality to the last few of you for whom the previous fixes did not provide full relief. Please install 25.11 from your Creative Cloud App.

Thanks for your patience. 

Update: May 1 2024

The PS team has reopened this bug due to a small number of reporters on this thread who say the issue is not fixed for them. 

Critical to getting a fix for this is more i

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Hi. Thank you everyone for the patience regarding this issue. Photoshop 25.9 has been released and while it does not contain any additional changes to address this issue, it contains a diagnostics mechanism aimed at helping us better understand the root cause so that we can fix it.

@Marshela37315835hi27@absolute_cooks, @Amy247863851ryi, and anyone else still seeing this issue, it would be helpful if you could do the following for us (it involves enabling the new diagnostics mechanism, reprod

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 137 Replies 137
134 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello awesome people! 

I might have a solution for a few of you.
I'm working on a Macbook Pro 2015 with integrated Intel graphics. I tried a few of the suggested tips but they didn't work, instead what did work, was reducing the image size as the actual was very big 240DPI and about 5500x3500 in document size, once the size was reduced, Camera Raw worked just fine!

Hope it works for you too! 

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 16.35.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't understand why in August of 2024 this is still an issue but it is, at least in Windows 10. Is this a thing with Apple hardware?  I would seriously consider switching to a Mac if it meant no longer suffering this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Crady von Pawlak 

No use going to Mac. Happens on both platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that must be specific to a configuration. I'm not seeing on multiple computers, both Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening today for me. I have a file open and select Camera Raw Filter and it renders the app but not the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my screen, I've tried removing all Adobe applications and reinstalling older versions and nothing seems to work. Any help would be most appreciated. 

Kellie32225961ncua_0-1724637210078.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2024 Sep 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue. Adobe photoshop freezes as soon as i press camera raw and can't even close adobe with out forcing it.  I have tried updating to the creative cloud's last version and changing preferences. Nothing seems to work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening to me.  Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate