• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't detect GPU

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPUissue-3321f8dc-c013-4ae8-9560-75af634b4c6f-787384184.pngGPUissue-3321f8dc-c013-4ae8-9560-75af634b4c6f-787384184.png

Recently I just did an update of Photoshop to V22.3.1

After I launched PS, and then go to the performance dialog box, then noticed that it can't detect my GPU GTX1050i.

This was working fine with the previous version of PS. I suspect that the latest update had something to with this problem.

Thank you

BR,

FS Wong

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

This issue should be fixed in an upcomming release.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 156 Replies 156
156 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Sorry to hear you’re facing this too. I had doubts that perhaps the issue only affects older GPUs like mine, but now with someone reporting the same thing on RTX3060 means it’s just a software bug. Let’shope Adobe comes with a fix very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop 22.2.0 it's running. I don't want to install a higher version, if I dont know where the bug is. 🙂

I'm really glad that it's just a software bug, cause I had a lot of doubts if my decision for this notebook was the right one. 
I was very good in hardware questions around 10 years ago. But now I feel very old and I was shocked how fast hardware had grown! XD e.g. : a SSD with 700mb/s was fast for me. And then I saw the new ones with 3500 mb/s. XD 

But I think I did the right choice for drawing, photoediting and a little gaming. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks for the help. Hopefully PS fix this bug in a new update because this isnt an old GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Radeon RX6800 has the same problem. I hope a new update will resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe PS is working on these problems as reported here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not an expert but I guess RTX 3000 series is perhaps the most capable line of GPUs in the market right now, you should be able to do a lot more with it than just some photo editing or light gaming. It’s Adobe’s fault, don’t doubt your GPU 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe PS please take note that my Latest Lightroom version still can detect my GPU GTX1050Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on GTX 1060 Max-Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 no longer visible after 22.3.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with R9 270X after 22.3.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll found some interesting discovery. By default Creative Cloud is installed with default language "English (North America)" I change it to "English (International)" than I imported settings file from previous installation and now Photoshop 22.3.1 works perfectly fine even upon multiple restarts of program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Went back to version 22.3 and now my brand new RTX 3070 card is recognized by PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a GTX 980t and v 22.3.1 is working fine, so for you guys it's either your windows needs updating, your bios or you driver, best to have the latest all round...

I can see you have a very low allocation of ram in your prefs that will not help power and ram hungry photoshop in the least so change that to 85%...

Sorry you need to output more info about your system before blaming photoshop, thats not to say that Adobe are blameless before long we will all need a super computer to run the software.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All It's not the update it's either your Windows, bios or card driver, I have a lowly GTX 980t and mine works fine, I have latest drivers, windows 10 home 64 updates and my bios is up to date and I'm running photoshop v22.3.1.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one bit more of advice goto devices on windows update your video card from there just to check windows and Nvidia are in sync ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lawrence Robson It's good news that version 22.3.1 works fine for you. I can't speak for the many other users who reported the same issue on widely varying systems, but I can confidently say that I keep everything on my computer up to date: Windows, BIOS, GPU drivers, etc. I had it all that way prior to updating to the latest Photoshop version, which unfortunately didn't run properly, and the reason for that is still unclear. While your assumption that it might be a hardware/compatibility issue is open to discussion, but it isn't necessarily the right answer. We still need Adobe to investigate this problem, if they aren't already working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this bug (starting from 22.3 for AMD users) has absolutely nothing to do with BIOSes, updates, Windows, etc.

I have the latest of all and still does not work. PS version 22.2 does. So, Adobe messed up something starting from 22.3 and still didn't address the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I see someone had downloaded the new update with the Language set to English(North American)

changed it to English(international) and it re-download the update and it works fine so I looked in my prefs and low and behold mine is set to English(international)(by Chance luck) and mine works fine, I can't be that easy can it ?.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rami

Can you check what's you language set to ?

Hi I see someone had downloaded the new update with the Language set to English(North American)

changed it to English(international) and it re-download the update and it works fine so I looked in my prefs and low and behold mine is set to English(international)(by Chance luck) and mine works fine, I can't be that easy can it ?.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

All people having probs with video cards can you check what language you update was set to ?

see the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot test that myself now, but even if true, something is truly off and Adobe should be looking at it ASAP.

Anyway, an interesting finding, though cannot confirm nor deny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Sandra Meyer

Hi Sandra, does it work after installing the older version of PS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tylkko,

Hope you could share with us what is the detailed step that you overcome the problem?

Initially what problem did you have?

What is the GPU, OS that you are using? Laptop/Desktop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lawrence Robson

The issue here is PS latest version can't detect my GPU GTX1050Ti. It's nothing to do with ram setting. The PS older version is working fine. So maybe you got a very powerful machine?  

If Adobe PS had a solution to overcome this issue then they should specific what the users should do, and not to upset its users further, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have this issue, Adobe support deleted the settings folder, restarted photoshop and it fixed the issue, I restarted photoshop again to confirm while the tech was there and it worked again. True to form however with tech issues, on the next restart when the tech was not watching the problem had returned.

For the moment that it worked, however, my keyboard was actually responsive, I have a persistent problem in photoshop where my keyboard shortcuts do not work, I have to hammer on them multiple times sometimes to make them work. I have even replaced my laptop keyboard trying to fix this issue!

I noticed that when I open too many files in photoshop the GPU acceleration stops and the keyboard works properly. So my keyboard not working seems to be directly related to the GPU drivers.

For a moment the other day when the GPU was detected photoshop ran like a dream, so much so I thought there was something wrong with my images!! It speeded up my work maybe 200% which being self employed would double my earnings!

For about 2-3 versions now I have been having GPU issues, the latest is the first version to have Unknown GPU fault. Running 22.3 and opening photoshop with no other programs running 3 or 4 times I can normally get it to detect the GPU.

Everyone keeps pestering LIVE support daily on this issue. Its only ever the squeaky wheel that gets the oil

Votes

Translate

Translate