• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can’t Move and reposition texture In Layer Style

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to the new Photoshop 2018 and can't seem to drag a layer style (texture, pattern fill)
on a file created on previous version that let me do so. Any ideas?

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martyn - what version were you using previously?  I tried this in CC2018 and CC2017.1.1 and could not move the texture. I could move it in CS6 though. Looks like it may have been broken for a while.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but only with the texture under Bevel & Emboss, I can still move the pattern freely. I hadn't updated since around the beginning of summer if I'm remembering correctly, then just yesterday it stopped working for me, I updated to CC2018 thinking that it might fix it, but of course it didn't. I should also add that the position of the texture was also reset to the default position, which in my case in not where they should be.

This is a major issue for me as I have about 200+ layer styles that no longer work properly, and they were being prepared for sale and client use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the issue with not being able to drag the pattern overlay for "Texture" under Bevel & Emboss.

If there's another issue with appearances of Layer Styles changing between versions, could you post a file with the problematic layer style applied to a layer and tell me which version to open with where it was correct I can try and reproduce for our engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, was using CC2017. When i create a new file in CC2018 it works fine as should be but think its bringing in older files that were saved on a previous cc that's having the problem.

Martyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrrey,
I'm experiencing exactly the same issue (CC 2017, CC 2018)

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Same problem here. CC 2018.

Votes

Translate