• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't move panels (Lock Workspace enabled)

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue, to varying degrees, with all Adobe apps. I use a M1 Max laptop with two additional montiors. Whenever I switch up monitors (home/work/Cintiq), I have to reset the Workspace, as Adobe does a poor (non-existent) job of remembering how I had it set up last with that permutation of monitors.

Cutting to the chase, in this case, I can't drag the palettes over from being halfway off the monitor back into view. I've tried turning off the Graphics Processor. I've tried resetting the Workspace.

I can drag each palette individually into view, but not the whole group.

Thanks!

It's quite frustrating having such a seemingly basic user interface issue!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

I've solved this issue – "Lock Workspace" was checked. I tried that to avoid the palettes moving around whenever I switch monitor configurations. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you on? Are you saying you can't drag the panes outlined in red at all, like they are immovable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Montery 12.6 (21G115)

I could take the individual panes but not the whole group of panes. And they always shifted to that position when resetting. I ended up taking them individually over and rebulding the group, accessibly from the right. But a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a multiple monitors issue. I can't move groups of palettes – before it was possible. Upgraded to 2023 – same issue. I try selecting to the right of the X, as before. See image. I can chose the "Colors" tab but not the whole group.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved this issue – "Lock Workspace" was checked. I tried that to avoid the palettes moving around whenever I switch monitor configurations. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate