• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't Scroll through fonts using arrow keys

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to preview different fonts in Photoshop i am unable to scroll through them using the arrow keys, it just doesnt move

The font do not appear and do not change in the menu when i click scroll down nothing happens

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.5.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.5.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
56 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes seeing the same here with photoshop 2022 (ps ver 23.4.1) on both mac and windows.

(does work in ps 2021 ver 22.5.8)

When both the text in the document area and font name in the font list are highlighted the up/down arrow keys do not scroll through the font list from either the tool options bar or Character panel.

Using the mouse scroll wheel also does not work.

th.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrow keys work for me through the font's top toolbar and the individual Character panel, but only after twirling open the full font list. My middle mouse scroll wheel doesn't work to scroll through the list at all. (Windows 10 Pro v21H2; Photoshop 23.4.1 Release)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am aslo having the same problem from last update pls help us out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I use this feature 100s of times a day and its starting to get annoying, stopped after some recent update! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use it a ton, and same.  Scrolling size and other adjustments works fine, it's only fonts that won't scroll. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[PC, PS v23.3.1] Seems it may indeed have become more of a hassle — not sure.
It still WORKS for me if you click again (or cursor to the right) so the font is not selected, then use cursors.

If a font is initially selected, the font menu changes but not the text layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't scroll through fonts like I used to, where the font was highlighted and cycled using the arrows. Now I need the dropdown menu, AND though I have to click "Enter," otherwise it reverts to the previous font. This is yet another Adobe bug that digging away at my productivity. We are professional, and we depend on this software in order to keep my bills paid. I'm frustrated by the constant bugs, breaks and overall loss in productivity chasing down answers on these boards only to get no response or "work around" instead of solutions. Rather than pivoting to the latest trends (like NFTs) how about getting the product to work the way that it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to try again (your way), and today it seems to work. A few days ago it didn't.

Despite having the font highlighted, I could cursor through the fonts, changing them.

Photoshop_nFFBoUvMtv.jpg

I've had some other weird results lately despite having plenty memory, so my conclusion is that Bugshop is corrupting itself and ideally has to be restarted often...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me so it's clearly a bug of some sort that I hope gets patched soon. Ive tried to clear the font cache and it still does the same. Using the up and down arrows just goes side to side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing happening with my Updated Photoshop version (23.4.1). Help me to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pete.Green. Hi Pete, is there any chance the issue in this thread could be updated to acknowledged or investigating? Many thanks, if possible.

Can't scroll through fonts using arrow keys or mouse wheel (without twirling open the entire font list). Photoshop version 23.4.1 on Mac and Windows; does work in version 22.5.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this same issue after the update. anybody asking my for my OS info and other time-wasting annoying questions blocked on sight. adobe needs to fix this issue NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cycling through fonts with my up and down arrow key in the Photoshops character menu has stopped working. It's neither working in top bar or side bar / character menu. When I press key up or down, the cursor in the font name display moves left or right, instead of scrolling through fonts. Mouse wheel has the same issue.  

1.) Type tool is selected.

2.) Type layer is selected.

3.) Type is highlighted / also tried with layer selection only 

4.) I have selected various fonts to see if it is stuck just on one specific font. But its stuck on all of them.
5.) It is not related to the glyphs issue as "Enable Missing Glyph Protection" is deactivated.
6.) Keys up / down work on other menu items
7.) I restarted Photoshop multiple times.   

This is really annoying, as I need this feature every day. I am not a fan of Adobe's cloud font system, as I am continuously having issues with it. It is very buggy, unreliable and has killed my workflow on multiple occasions. This is only the latest issue in a whole series. 

I am aware that it is possible to reset preferences, so don't bother posting here if that is your solution. 

Any help appreciated,
Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the status to Acknowledged

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the adobe team please fix this issue. As Simple as is it, it really speeds up our workflow. Im having the same problem not being able to scroll through fonts using arrow up/down. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe fixes this - which lets face it might be never - I did find a semi-workaround. Pop the font list open with the down-arrow icon next to the font name, then use the scroll wheel on the mouse to get to the area of fonts you're interested in, then hover the mouse over the font name in the list without clicking. It's slow, but it does at least allow the same functionality the arrow up/down keys used to. The downside is that you have to have the drop-down list open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a photoshop update today and it talked about bug fixes. Well... the only real bug I had which is this obnoxious text glitch STILL isn't fixed. Come on Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I refuse to use the new version of photoshop in its broken state - both the canvas size issues and this issue with fonts scrolling like an amateur program who just launched makes it impossible to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same bug but with version 23.4.2. 

Use to be able to scroll through fonts with my arrow keys and it now no longer works. Had to roll back to previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I personally find it to be an improvement. Yes, the panel needs to be open to scroll with the arrow keys, but it allows you to start anywhere you want by using the mouse. Open the panel, hover to the area you want to start, then use the arrow keys to begin scrolling at that location - works fine. Also functions the same from the character panel. 
In the past, I found it annoying to use the old way. You always had to start from the most recently used font at the top of the list, then drill down. Each time you liked a font and used it, say half way down the list, then you wanted to continue reviewing more of the fonts in the list, you had to start over from the top... that was awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before 24.3.2, you could click on the font name to highlight it (either in the top toolbar or the popout properties window), and then use the arrow keys to step up and down through the fonts. This no longer works and there's no really good workaround. The arrow key function has always been very useful to quickly zip through fonts when previewing them in-context in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8/8/2022 I am having this same issue as of the latest upgrade a few days ago. As of yesterday, downgrading to prior versions also does not fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a laptop and am not using a secondary monitor so having the fonts in the drop down with the scrolling mouse doesn't work well for me. This is a frustrating issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to scroll through fonts in newest version here is the answer " just click the dropdown once in the fonts tab then you can scroll through fonts. Reply if it works to anybody 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to scroll through fonts in the newest version here is the answer " just click the dropdown once in the fonts tab then you can scroll through fonts. Reply if it works for anybody 

Votes

Translate

Translate