• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Changing shape fill color scales path instead

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is some weird issue I had with PS versions for last few years. Usually I worked on CC 2017, but recently I switched to the newest version (and I'm starting to wonder why I did it), and the bug came up. It makes me restart Photoshop much too often. After I play around with shapes I bit, the bug appears and it only gets fixed when I restart PS. You can see the bug in a video HERE. At some point isntead of changing fill color, shape gets scaled. It was like that for a few years, in the meantime I formatted system drive, reinstalled whole OS at least twice. The bug keeps coming back.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.6. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.6, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often occurs when the aspect ratio is locked,Unlock and return to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like I can recreate the issue. This has happened to me many times. 
Make many shapes on one layer. Then roatate just one of them. Click on Fill at the top and it will Scale Path

By @łukaszz35275447

Yep, this is often my approach and I keep encountering this scale bug. 
Just had it happen after duplicating one shape on the same layer and rotating it, then trying to fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @J453

Now I think I figured out what is the source of the issue and it's quite abstract. "Live shapes" don't like dual monitor setup (possibly with different refresh rates or resolutions)

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Use dual monitor setup with different resolutions / refresh rates

2. Create new document

3. Create an ellipse.

4. Duplicate the ellipse.

5. Merge the shapes to a single layer.

6. Rotate one ellipse by hand to some uneven value like 20.6 dgr.

7. Without changing selection to the other ellipse, try changing fill - you get scale paths bug pretty much infitnie amount of times with every click. I think the program tries to snap points to pixels or something like that, but calculates it incorrectly so tries to redo it every time.

8. Undo the "Scale paths" operations. Convert the rotated ellipse into a regular shape, to do that: add a shape within the rotated ellipse, select both shapes (don't touch the not-rotated ellipse), use "merge shape components" in pathfinder to turn live shape into a regular shape - it looks the same now, the rotated ellipse is just not a live shape anymore. Click the fill color. The "scale paths" operation might happen once or twice as the points snap to pixels, but it ends at that.

I'm not 100% sure if dual monitor setup (different resolution / screen refresh rate) is crucial to that, but I assume it is, I didn't have this issue when I tried working on a single monitor as a troubleshooting step in the past (although I didn't know specific steps to recreate it) and I think if it wasn't part of the source of the problem, more people would report it.

User @paolor94677584 confirmed they use dual monitor setup with different resolutions and refresh rates and that the steps reproduce the issue.

@sboxle @Noah24222334l7ij can you clarify if you use dual monitor setup and if the monitors resolutions / refresh rates are different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your patience. This issue has been resolved and will be availabe in the next release.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.6. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.6, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate