• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Checkerboard on less than 100% opaque layer in liquify

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop CS6 I see a checkerboard pattern (and a white line around the layer) in liquify if I check 'show backdrop' and I show a non-opaque layer 'In Front'.

Is there any way to get rid of this as It obscures the layer I'm working on and makes Liquify useless? Or disable hardware acceleration for Liquify alone?

example

layer setup

PS CS6, Windows Ultimate x64. ASUS ATI RADEON HD 6950 2GB (latest drivers - 12.4 then 12.6), 16gb RAM, 60gb partitioned ssd scratch disk.

p.s. Is this related to the other 'jagged preview' bug (I also have) with the AMD/ATI cards?

Bug Won't fix
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013
The problem you describe is actually two different but related bugs.The checkerboard showing thru the image was a OpenGL shader blending bug fixed in 13.1 (but not in 13.01). The faint white edge is a problem blending the half resolution background image and the full resolution foreground target image. This is an artifact of the way we manage the texture memory on the GPU card. It would require a great deal of time to 'fix' and is not likely to be done any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a known issue (and Jon Worthington should correct me if I'm wrong), and already being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any movement on this issue?

p.s. is there a member search facility in this forum? I cannot see a way to find my own posts except to sort back through the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue that was being worked on.

We have nothing to announce yet - but we can't comment on unannounced versions of our products.

Your account info has a list of topics you have posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, the 13.01 update not fixing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, it was supposed to be fixed in 13.0.1. I'll have to check with the Liquify engineer and see if a changelist failed to get integrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obscuring checkerboard transparency portion of this bug was fixed but not in time for 13.01. It will be in all newer releases. The faint white line portion is still an active bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a list of Graphics cards that have been tested with CS6? I made some research when I bought the Radeon 6950 and I thought it was tested, though I don't recall where exactly. Perhaps It worked with an earlier driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a list:
http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/p...

Toward the bottom of the page.

No it never worked with an earlier driver version to the best of my knowledge.

As the engineer states above:

"John Worthington 3 days ago
The obscuring checkerboard transparency portion of this bug was fixed but not in time for 13.01. It will be in all newer releases. The faint white line portion is still an active bug."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested video cards for Photoshop CS6...

Well, it's there. Tested but not passed apparently! 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded 13.01.1.. update and both these issues stil exist. In case they were meant to be fixed. Would be nice to be able to use CS6 as my regular workhorse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on the next update to fix this issue?

p.s. why does it say solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The problem you describe is actually two different but related bugs.The checkerboard showing thru the image was a OpenGL shader blending bug fixed in 13.1 (but not in 13.01). The faint white edge is a problem blending the half resolution background image and the full resolution foreground target image. This is an artifact of the way we manage the texture memory on the GPU card. It would require a great deal of time to 'fix' and is not likely to be done any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate