• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Clone tool and healing brush don't copy from document to document correctly

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest version of Photoshop 21.0.2 and in 21.01 the clone tool and the healing brush is not working as expected. It will copy from one spot to another on the same image, but if two image files are used it is broken. Here is what I found. it is not calculating the copy space properly, If the source and target areas have the same dimensions, then it copies as it should, However as the size of the target area increases, the amount copied decreases, until it does not copy at all.
I experimented like this: the source file was 500 X 500 pixels, I copied on to a target area of the same size, perfect. then I tried a target area of 1000 by 1000 and only part of the image would show, it was oddly clipped. then: 1500 by 1500 target area, even less. If I tried to copy a 500-pixel detail from a source image to a large target file that was 2550 pixels by 3300 pixels, nothing would copy.  The workaround: Make a blank page the same size as your target area, drag the small source file onto it, flatten, then you can copy from it to your target file. I also found that version 20.0.8 does not have this bug. So I am working from that version for now.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020
This issue should be addressed by the 21.1.1 update. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've asked engineering to look into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

People's Champ ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a 100x100px document.
Draw something there (a few lines).

Create a second document - 500x500px.

As a stamp source, select the zone in the first document (which is 100x100).

In the second document (which is 500x500), try to transfer something with a stamp in the right-bottom part.

UPD.
The word "rotation" in that topic on the forum was not at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be addressed by the 21.1.1 update. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate