• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Color ball when switching selection tools using shift-w - M1 macOS 12 Monterery

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When shifting between the 'select subject tool' and 'quick select' tool using Shift W, PS hangs (spinning color ball) for about 9 seconds.  Repeatable and only between those two tools.  Video attached.

MBP M1 Max

osx 12

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Thanks. I can repro on my M1 now that I've updated from Big Sur to Monterey. I'll have engineering take a look.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
27 Comments
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me. Thanks to everyone who helped to solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm still having some issues with the object selection tool. Now, the same issue appears when I start to select something for the first time. Once the tool is selected and I made my first selection after waiting for the color ball, it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate