• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Photoshop does have plug-in support, and M1 plug-ins work. Your old Intel plug-ins don't work and never will. Each plugin maker needs to make new M1 plug-ins. (If I understand your question correctly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proper Photoshop support forums have been merged with this one, hoping for an Adobe rep to respond here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's being worked on. I can't give a specific date but we will post an announcement when it becomes available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yeah a cure for cancer is "being worked on". Can you give any kind of indication? Adobe are way behind with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this Adobe! This is a real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That doesn't sound good. Have you tried resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if that helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to run Photoshop in Rosetta on an M1 device until there is an update for video to run natively on M1 devices. Details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 6.54.48 PM.png

I've been doing animations on Photoshop and was able to export > render video as MP4 but when I switched computers I can't find that option anymore! It's really troublesome to save as a gif (I have problems sending gif files as people are unable to download/preview them) Is there a workaround? It seems that function has disappeared... my Photoshop version is 22.4.2 and working on a BigSur on iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, if you switched to a M1 Mac, it is expected with Photoshop 22, as at time of writing 22.5, there is no render video in the native version of Ps, you need to use the Rosetta version to get render video. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have the option 'Render Image Sequence'. If you click that, does a menu come up, where you can choose 'Adobe Media Encoder' instead of 'photoshop Image Sequence'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've the same problem. Pleasepleaseplease  let me know if you solved it. Iìm desperate

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you need to use the Rosetta version of Photoshop, as the video timeline is not yet ported for Apple silicon: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for helping me to figure this out. It comes up but I can't select it 😕 

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 3.32.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for helping me out. Yes, I am currently using the M1 iMac, and I also download Rosetta (it's called Silicon Info, doubted it for a sec) and now the Render Video button is back at last! Thank you! Hopefully this is helpful for anyone who needs it.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 3.40.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 2.10.44 PM.png

When every I try to use the timeline they playbutton gets this crossed out curser over it and I can't interact with it at all. I opened a image sequence of 30 frames and it will not let me play the animation. I tried doing the exact same thing on my windows 10 desktop and it worked perfectly fine. It seems to be an issue with macOS but this is the first time ive used a mac and I dont know how to trouble shoot it that well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on an M1/Apple silicon device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, I had to run the software through rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having an issue trying to export a GIF file from Photoshop (22.5.0) to an mp4 on my Mac Mini (M1) running the latest MacOS Big Sur. The 'Adobe Media Encoder' option was greyed out.

Found that by relaunching Photoshop to run is Rosetta solved the problem and I can now export my frame PSD files to mp4 once again.

Please make this function work natively on an M1 Mac please Adobe, cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 22.5.0 version. Basically I tried to insert video (.mov or.mp4) into Photoshop and create gif, however it keeps prompt this window saying that the format isn't support. No matter video duration is from 1sec to 10sec, OR file size from 300kb to 5mb, it doesn't work at all! Does anyone having the same issue? thanks

Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 12.15.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating - wasted so muhc time researching this - thankful for y'all!  Sept 7 ... still not working 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this issue, it's September now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Definitely a lifesaver!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sucks. They took also the option to render a video on After effects.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you clarify in regards of what you do mean with AE?

I think you might also have to run it in Rosetta 2. Native support will first appear in a beta version. See also : https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

The M1 processor is a new architechture to support, it takes time to flawlessy port programs that are millions of codelines to a new codebase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is Adobe not more on top of this. this is embarssing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate