• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to feel stupid 😄 You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I can no longer work on an animation project that I had started on photoshop in its 2020 version.
When I go back to my file, the videos are marked with a question mark, they are no more than still images and it is impossible to launch the video.
I know Photoshop is not animation software but I was using it for good reasons ...

Can anyone tell me why I can't work on videos with photoshop?

(mac 0s big sure 11.6, M1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, according to https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html you need to run Photoshop in Rosetta mode, for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me, Thanks for the info I was getting crazy , hope ADOBE fix it ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

every time i try to upload a video into photoshop it shows a pop up window, that Photoshop doensn't know the type of data that I am trying to upload. I tried multiple different types of videos (.mov and .mp4) some that I rendered in Illustrator, some from different platforms and the problem occurs every time. I can play the videos in Quicktime player and Vlc player though. I also have Rosetta installed, since I am using a mac with a M1 Chip and checked all the checkmarks in Privacy, since I read this in another post on here. 

I really have no Idea what else to try hopefully someone on here can help me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you have Rosetta installed, but have you opened Photoshop using Rosetta?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it didn't open up automatically when I opened Photoshop I installed it through the Terminal. Shouldn't it work automatically then? Or do I have to do something else? 

I typed in  : softwareupdate --install-rosetta 

And it said that it installed successfully.

Thank you for your Help! 

Jana 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the description in the link I provided on how to open the app in Rosetta. Photoshop can open in either mode so must be set to use Rosetta.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. None of the options offered in Help work. No Video Layers under Layers. Won't open directly. Won't allow for import through bridge. Kosher codec, too. 🤷‍:male_sign:🙆‍:male_sign:🙏🙏Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 10.18.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on photoshop 23.0, macbook pro m1 2020, macOS 12.0.1. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, ce n'est pas le même problème, car sur un M1, il faut ouvrir photoshop en mode Rosetta pour la vidéo, pour l'instant: https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you need to open in Rosetta mode, it is built in the OS, you need to right-click the Ps icon in your applications folder.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe Photoshop cc 2022 you cannot convert a gif from frames to timeline. Could you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There! Thanks so much for your workaround. It still hasn't worked for me...have had this issue on my new Mac since August...sigh. What to do. Though the older versions in another lab seem to be just fine...Hoping for a workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá, 

preciso de ajuda, preciso exportar um vídeo e não consigo... apenas exportar em imagem, no photshop fica assim.

Captura de Tela 2021-11-10 às 01.48.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 2022 installed and it is up to date. However, I am missing all of my video editing and import functions. Is anyone else experieincing this issue? Does anyone know of a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke. I cant even open v22.0 on my new macbook m1 to work in the timeline. this sucks so bad and it'll be another year before its fixed probably. instead of rushing out new version after new version just make sure the ones you put out are doing the bare minimum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly my problem. Thank you for submitting this! I will contact my Admin Team to see if I can update my IOS in hopes that it will fix this issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year now and no fix!!! We use this tool daily for work. We need the video timeline and the render video fixed. Don't post about how to do it with intel based or downgrade your version I already know that. Adobe needs to fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you solve this? the same exact issue happened to me when i upgraded my system last year and still didn't get fixed. And I couldn't open video in all adobe products idk if there missing something in my laptop or is that an adobe problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million - this worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I have Photoshop 23.0.1 on my Macbook Pro(Apple M1 Pro) macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Impossible to open mp4 or mov . A message appear:  COULD NOT COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE PHOTOSHOP DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THIS TYPE OF FILE.

So how to import video inside my photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem.  I cannot convert to a video timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on an M1 Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate