• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you are having the same error as I was, when I open Photoshop, go to the location where my .MP4 files are located they are greyed out.  If I try to open them directly and point to Photoshop says file format not recongized.  Once I launch Photshop the way I did thru the creative cloud, I went to file, open, my .MP4 files were no longer greyed out. Under my privacy I did see it had access to my files location. I hope this helps on how I was troubleshooting the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a brand new M1 Chip Macbook Pro a few days ago, and I am encountering this error on my very first time opening photoshop on this computer, dragging and dropping an .mov file is the only action I took after creating my document. With that being said, I highly doubt it's an issue with my preferences or any mistake I've made in settings. 

This isue happens on any mp4 or mov file I try to place into photoshop. I need to make a non-looping transparent GIF for a client, as I have done hundreds of time before, but can't seem to import these basic file types. The mp4 is an H264 and the mov is an RGB + Alpha file using Apple Prores 4444. I have made GIFs in photoshop using these exact file types exclusively, so I don't believe this is the issue either but could be worth mentioning.

Any help would be appreciated! Screenshot below

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 5.43.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

로제타로 실행하면 render image sequence 메뉴가 render video로 바뀌긴 하나

export된 결과물은 render image sequence 로 익스포트했을때와 동일한 버그 발견 

인텔맥에서처럼 render video로 익스포트했을때 동영상 렌터링 옵션이 등장하지 않는 버그를 발견했습니다.

조속히 수정바랍니다. 감사합니다. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following problem: I am using a MacBook pro with M1 chip MacOS Monterey12.3. Ps 2022 is installed. With my Windows computer I can open MP4 videos in Photoshop (same version). With the MacBook, I get the following error message "The process could not be performed because Photoshop does not recognize this file type."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Are you getting an error while trying to open the only MP4 videos in Photoshop? Are the files located on your computer's internal drive or an external drive?

Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the troubleshooting mentioned above doesn't work, please open Photoshop using Rosetta. To learn more about Rosetta, see About Rosetta.

Let us know if this help,

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I tried the mentioned settings. However, the error message still appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation. We're sorry that the settings didn't work. Did you try using Rosetta mode? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Rosetta. Unbelievably Adobe just haven't added video support to M1 native Photoshop. I'm starting to doubt if they ever will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I use Rosetta mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George, I'm having the same proble, I have a new MacBook Pro, with the M1. I opened Photoshop from the AC and then tried to open the mp4 file but nothing. 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use video with Photoshop on M1 Macs today, you must set Photoshop to use Rosetta. Maybe one day Adobe will change it, maybe they won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.And how can I dod this? how to set Photoshop to use Rosetta? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make an app use Rosetta

1. Find the application in the Applications folder (make sure it's the application, not just a folder).

2. Select the application and use Get Info (Command+I)

3. Look for the option to run under Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You legend! This worked after 2 hours of research. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually send screen shots to our customers at work so they can follow along if I need them to try something especially when we can't remote into their systems. So far it's been working for many.  Just want to make sure if you are following the same steps.  I also tend to skip couple of things sometimes and forget to start with the basics, that usually fixes a lot of issues. 

So open Adobe Creative Cloud, under apps, Photoshop, the three little dots, click on Open (Intel), I believe that is some type of emulator not 100% sure. Once you open that version you need to work within that open version, if you close it and try to open it normal same issue. Then go to file, open, go to the location of your .MP4 video, they should not be greyed out. I included better screenshot just don't mind my bad hand writing on it. I hope this helps out.Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 7.11.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a LIFE SAVIOUR THANK YOU !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Macintosh with chip M1 max the feature to create a video timeline in Photoshop's new release 23.2.2 doesn't work.

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worst user experience I have been in contact with in a LONG while... impossible to talk to Adobe, the only way seems to be this forum where we post issues that never seem to get fixed.. it escapes my comprehension, HOW CAN WE STILL BE DEALING WITH THE TIMELINE MISSING ISSUE FOR M1 chips? IT HAS BEEN A YEAR AND THE ISSUE IT IS STILL AND ISSUE! Adobe when are you intending to finally fix this? we pay good money for your service and make sure we get the right equipment to make the most of it, and you fail to listen to your users and fix what seems to be a very simple issue. CAN YOU PLEASE CREATE A SOLUTION TO THIS? We pay full service and can't access very basic functionalities such as this one, among other famous ones...do your work Adobe!! listen to your users and fix these issues ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. You can't access the Timeline panel on M1 computers? You should. Is not possible to use the "Convert to video" option but you should be able to open the Timeline panel. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running under Rosetta which should restore video functions on an M1 Mac.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the lastest update I ran on my Mac, I got this message. I guess somebody might have seen this post 🙂

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.49.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a scripted action that I used successfully in the past in Photoshop. When I tried running it the other day I got the error: "Could not complete your request because the footage is not a recognized format." I'm running Mac OS 12.1 on M1 iMac, and Photoshop 23.2.1

Does it have to do with the CODEC used? Like I mentioned, I used it fine on an older iMac and OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi geigreg,

unfortunately, Photoshop for Apple Silicon does not yet support video files. You'll need to run Photoshop in Rosetta instead:

Could you please try that and report back if importing your video works again?

Kind regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked! It was very slow but I was able to complete the task. Thank you. Any idea when there will be video support for Silicon?

Votes

Translate

Translate