• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an M1 Mac? If so, you will need to run Photoshop under Rosetta to use video functions.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also can just save for web as GIF file and use a website to convert that GIF to MP4 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you are on a M1 mac, you need to open Photoshop in rosetta mode: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html a good way to do it, in the CC app, seeing the installed program view, Photoshop and click on the ... after the Open button and select Open (Intel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das darf ja wohl nicht wahr sein. Da hat man einen neuen M1 Mac und die Funktion ist nicht verfügbar – welche Alternative gibt es???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marylou345 Die Alternative ist, Photoshop vorerst unter Rosetta zu starten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich kann in Photoshop nicht zwischen Frame-Animation oder Videosequenz auswählen. Es wird mir nur die Frame-animation angezeigt.

Wenn ich eine »Frame-animation« erstelle, kann ich nicht »in Zeitleistenanimation konvertieren« anwählen, bzw. kann ich das Icon links unten nicht anwählen.

Vielleicht hat ja jemand die Lösung für mein Problem.

Danke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comme le dit terès bien Dave, il faut tourner sous Rosetta si tu as un Mac avec la puce M1…

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, ich hatte das gleiche Problem. Tatsächlich steht die Lösung schon X-Mal in diesem Thread. Die Video-Funktion läuft nur, wenn man Photoshop unter Rosetta startet. (Cmd-I auf's Photoshop, Häkchen bei "Rosetta".) Danach ging es bei mir sofort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woop woop! Legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need Rosetta. Open your Photoshop (Intel) version on M1 Mac from the Creative Cloud window, via the three dots button next to the open button under Photoshop. Just happened the same again, I couldn't render the file that I'd started before. It happened this time because I restarted my computer, and Photoshop opened regularly by default. Now re-opened PS via the Open (Intel) and there's no problem, I can export. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 11.19.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Open (Intel) item available only on M1 macOS systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIs Open (Intel) item available only on M1 macOS systems?

That’s right. The option is not displayed on Intel-based Mac systems because on those, Intel is the only mode…you’re already always opening the application using the Intel code. There’s no other choice.

On M1 Macs, Open (Intel) is available if the application contains code to run on both Intel and Apple Silicon. The option is not available if the application contains only Apple Silicon code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need Rosetta. Open your Photoshop (Intel) version on M1 Mac from the Creative Cloud window, via the three dots button next to the open button under Photoshop.

By @kaanbeyhan 

Technically, yes, you do need Rosetta. The Open (Intel) option works only because the Rosetta translator is installed and available to open the application using Intel code.

Just to avoid confusion when others read the post, what you are actually meaning to say is that you do not need to use the “Open Using Rosetta” option in the macOS Finder.

The long explanation is:

Use “Open (Intel)” if you want to open Photoshop using Intel code through Rosetta, only the next time you start Photoshop.

Use “Open Using Rosetta” if you want to open Photoshop using Intel code through Rosetta, every time you start Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ich habe schon einiges gelesen und getestet, aber keine Lösung gefunden. Bei dem Öffnen von Video Dateien in Adobe Photoshop kommt die Fehlermeldung:

"Der Vorgang konnte nicht ausgeführt werden, weil Photoshop diesen Dateityp nicht erkennt."

Das hat sonst immer problemlos funktioniert. Könnte das mit dem Umstieg auf ein neues Macbook Pro mit M1 Chip zusammenhängen? 

Hat jemand eine Lösung?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to run in Rosetta for now. Native support is coming in a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it 'the future' yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a reply to an earlier comment in this thread, from somewhere September 2021. Trying to delete, but can't. In short; nevermind my snarky comment as the latest post talking about a future release is from two days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the job. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked for me. M1 Max, Ps 22.3.2 on Rosseta mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked except installing older version i used 22.2. Wasted my time reading and trying useless solutions, fustrating when you have deadlines to meet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loll You don't know if anything will help until you try it. This info may be important for engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that this is happening, is the fustrating part. When you upgrade the program shouldnt downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What To Do if "Render Video" in Photoshop is not Showing Up

I've had the same issue, and I followed Apple's instructions on using Rosetta. For M1 Mac users, you'll need to use Finder to go to Applications, find the Photoshop app, then click "Get Info" under the File menu. (Make sure you're clicking on the actual app and not the folder for the app.) You'll see a checkbox for "Open using Rosetta" which you want to be checked.

After quitting and reopening Photoshop, you'll now have the old option to Export>Render Video. However, you'll want to make sure you select "Adobe Media Encoder" instead of "Photoshop Image Sequence" to export your frames as an mp4 instead of a zillion jpgs.

Hopefully, I've saved others some time chasing down what "open in Rosetta" really means! Google "installing Rosetta" on the Apple support page if you need more visuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible d'importer ou d'ouvrir une video sur photoshop 2022 mac mini m1 et de ce fait impossible de créer des gif animé venant de after effects 

{Thread merged by Moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here on a brand new MBP M1 Max, the above solution did not work for me but I found a really helpful thread on Reddit with a working solution complete with screen capture. https://www.reddit.com/r/photoshop/comments/m35jj3/import_video_frames_to_layers_gone_in_223/

Right click on the Photoshop app, click Get info and check "Open with Rosetta". Thank you Reddit!

Votes

Translate

Translate