• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. Video in the timeline still is highly unusable.

I have one 1080p video (.MOV) of about 30mb and the program is struggling. Simple playback with no effects renders PS unusable for a solid 20 seconds. I tweaked my performance settings, restart the app, double checked the version number, uninstalled and reinstalled and same issue.

I'm unsure what the claimed fix is - the feature "Create frame animation"?  Meanwhile video playback itself doesn't work? I noticed that the CPU useage idles at around 2% while doing these operations. It's as if PS isn't processing anything at all. Nothing changes if I'm running via Rosetta or natively, including the CPU usage. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update!

I uninstalled and reinstalled again and my issues have been fixed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem except re-installing has not made a difference!!

Running Photoshop 23.4.1 on MacOS Monterey (12.4) on a m1 macbook pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a genius Thank you so much! It works! After so long trying ! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still doesn't work when you export... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've met the same issue with 2022 Photoshop. This solution finally works! Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just on vacation. Tons of people using iPhones for pics. Only a few DSLR users. But it seems ADOBE is not only not behind on this, they are driving people away. Needed 3rd party sw to get iPhone pics to laptop for photoshop. Heic format blurry in Bridge, a problem now two years+ old. Mov files will not open in Photoshop. I am in Windows 10, latest Photoshop, Bridge. Using Microsoft heic and video extensions for Apple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am getting the following error message:

Could not open "xxx.mov" because the video file could not be opened.

The files were recorded 10 days ago on an iPhone 14Pro. The files open and can be viewed on Microsoft Media Player without a problem. 

4 weeks ago I recorded a series of MOV video clips and all open just file in photoshop. 

Being frustrated, I just recorded a test video on my iPhone and downloaded it to the computer and it opens without a problem in photoshop. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH PHOTOSHOP?

I subscribe to Adobe CC and pay $24/month for the privilage of using the latest and greatest version of Photoshop. Curiously, 2024 Photoshop (ver. 25) seems to be the only program that won't open these files. What the heck is going on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William28178140fjsn, can you give us your OS info? I'm using Windows 10 with Photoshop 25.0 Release. I can open .mov test files from here (https://www.appsloveworld.com/sample-mov-file-download) without issue. Can you open .mp4 files successfully? How large is your file? Are you using the simple File > Open? Or are you using Import > Video Frames to Layers? Do both methods give the same error? If you were able to open .mov files with the previous release, perhaps rollback until you can further troubleshoot the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the new movies recognized by MediaEncoder? (Or other Adobe software) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate