P: Copy/Paste for layer name suddenly stops working - Windows

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using: Adobe photoshop 2022 (latest update)- windows 10

Hello,

it is several months that I am facing the same problem in photoshop:

my workflow involves precise layer naming. I often have to re-use the same part of a layer name convention, so for sake of speed, instead of writing the same name convention on a layer hundreds of times, I use to copy-paste the layer name from one layer to another.

To do that I use the shortcut ctrl+C and ctrl+V.

Unfortunately after a while the copy paste function for layer names stops working and no name is copied/pasted.

Every time this happens I have to restart photoshop, (closing the document does not solve the issue) and copy paste starts working again but just for 15-20 minutes, then it stops working and have to re-restart.

Honestly, this is quite frustrating, because the simple text copy paste is just a basic function in ANY software and not having this working can be very time consuming.

Hope this can be solved quickly, this is not sience fiction!

Thank you in advance for your concern.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Investigating. I've asked engineering to try and reproduce this problem.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your concern. I think I understood when this happens and how to replicate it.

It seems that if I press ctrl+C accidentally on a blank name space, the copy-paste function stops working until I restart the software. Hope this can help.

Have a good one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think that's the ticket to repro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate