• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Could not save tool presets on macOS 10.15 Catalina, 10.13.6, Win 10

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop v21.0 on macOS Catalina. when I add some tool presets in photoshop, these presets will disappear when photoshop restarted. Moreover, I found that there is no ToolPresets.psp file in Preferences folder, and when I copy old ToolPresets into Preferences, and add some new presets, It will disappear again when Photoshop restarted.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Fixed in 21.1 or later.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
13 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General preferences are saved when Photoshop is shutdown. Is Photoshop exiting normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is exiting normally. I tried many times, and the problem happened every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, when I add some Rectangular Marquee Tool, these tool will disappear when I restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Might be best to call and work directly with an agent: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same problem and chatted to Adobe support today (Nov 23rd) for 2,5 hours. We tried to replace the Photoshop2020pref.psp-file but that did not work. The support-person could not find a solution so the issue was sent to a senior level. I don't know what that means but I will post here again when (if) I hear anything from them.

// Gustaf Lord, digital illustrator, Sweden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same bug but with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Engineering is looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS 2020 (21.0.1) on Windows and Mac (10.13.6)
On Windows everything works as expected: I have all the bugs you have reported here.
On Mac however Tool Presets aren't preserved when I close Photoshop.

No matter if I import .tpls or create new Tool Presets, after restarting Photoshop I have only the default ones. Currently loaded tool presets are located at ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings/ToolPresets.psp file: it's not created when I add new presets in 2020. I copied the one I had in 2019: after that tool presets from 2019 are loaded in 2020, but newly created tool presets aren't preserved, I have the same list from 2019 after I restart PS.

What I've tried:
- give full permissions to ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings/
- reinstall Photoshop

I wonder if anyone has this issue or has a way to fix this.

EDIT: ah, there's another post with the same issue: missed it https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-v21-could-not-save-tool-presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in the 21.1 update that went out last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No cigar for you... I AM running V21.1 and still have to reload my tool preferences every time I start Photoshop.  For something I pay almost $60 a month... seems like Adobe could fix this NOW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing for me.... Running windows V21.1.... even uninstalled and reinstalled PS... I have all my brushes saved in multiple places now (in the AppData... Presets, and in Programfiles x86... Adobe... Presets... which is where it worked from before)

Every time I shut down PS (I don't even have to restart my computer... just close PS) I lose all my brushes, gradients and styles.

I have tried installing them from everyplace the internet recommends.... and I have tried double clicking them... going through the brushes tab to "Import Brushes" and select each brush to import one by one.... and I have tried clicking and dragging all the brushes....   NOTHING WORKS!!
They are gone every time, no matter where I put them... and no matter how I load them.

I am getting so sick of taking over an hour to load my brushes, styles and gradients every single time... I'm just going to give up and cancel my subscription.

Trying to start my photography business isn't worth me breaking down into tears every time I try to figure out why this won't work anymore!
Editing photos has now become a chore... that I don't want to do... simply because reloading all my presets always leads me to searching for ways to fix this..... which just goes down a rabbit hole of frustration! I'm at my wits end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tool presets keep resetting when I exit Paint Shop Pro 2020. It's hugely frustrating especially as I have to help my 86 yr old friend reset her preferences via the phone as she lives 400 kilometres away.We both bought the latest versions of 2020 and there are no updates to fix this critical problem. Perhaps we should get a refund and go back to the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed in 21.1 or later.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate