• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashing while 3d rendering

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is simple. I'm getting crashes when I attempt to render 3D, in multiple scenarios:

- A material has an Opacity less than 100%
- A material has Illumination
- A material has refraction
.. and other random times when attempting to render. 

I also still get occasional crashes when attempting to edit an objects material

My PC:

Win 10 Pro 64 bit
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4 @ 3.60GHz
24 Gb RAM
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA Quadro M2000 (I have the latest driver from NVidia - Quadro/Desktop Quadro Notebook Driver Release 418, version 418.81)

Photoshop Settings (version: 20.0.3)

uses 70% of available RAM
Use Graphics Processor checked, on Normal mode
History States: 20
Cache Levels: 4
Cache Tile Size: 132k

Here is a screen of my 3D settings:

RackMultipart201902124457719yr-2e8dea71-a405-475f-9882-b2bbf4079c98-1615665313.JPGRackMultipart201902124457719yr-2e8dea71-a405-475f-9882-b2bbf4079c98-1615665313.JPG

If someone would kindly remind me how to paste in the crash report I can do that as well. 

I spent an hour and a half on Adobe Chat with a rep who made many adjustments, trashed prefs, changes settings, etc. In the end his only solution was to install an older version of Photoshop (v 19.1.7). 3D renders fine in this version. 

Thanks for any and all replies. 

-Andy

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

No longer happening after Photoshop 2020 update!

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas??

Needless to say the crashing is costing me lots of time and money, so I would love to find some sort of solution or assurance from Adobe that this issue is being addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, is this issue new to 20.0.3? Do you have a sample file you could post that exhibits the problem we could use to troubleshoot?

Have you submitted any Crash Reports along w/your email address? If not, please do: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffry, and thanks for your reply.

The issue was in 20.0.1 - 20.0.3. I'm currently having to use 19.1.7 also in order to render 3D. The issue has happened with multiple files with a wide variety of materials and settings. 

Yes, I have submitted multiple crash reports actually. 

I don't mind to post a file, but my composite room scenes are usually quite large, over 400 mb, so it would take a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy: Thank you for this post. I am having very similar issues myself with the last two versions of photoshop. I have also seen that it is usually centered around objects that have opacity or if I'm trying to edit materials. You are about the only person that I have noticed having the same issue as me. So, I am very thankful for your post. I hope something is done about this. Here are my hardware specs.

Windows 64-bit OS
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x 16 core- 3.9ghz
64GB Ram- DDR4 3000mhz
GPU- GeForce GTX 1080Ti

uses 70% of available RAM
Use Graphics Processor checked, on Advanced mode
History States: 30
Cache Levels: 3
Cache Tile Size: 1024k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes it is nice to see that you're not alone in your frustration. 

the crashing while saving/editing 3D materials has been an issue for me for a long time, but the crashing while rendering is only happening with the last two versions. The poor overall performance of 3D in Photoshop in general continues to baffle me. Granted it's not a 3D-centered app, but if you're going to offer 3D capabilities, at least have them work. 

With that said, the very moment Dimension allows the saving of custom materials and adds physical lights, I will be saying "good riddance" to Photoshop for my interior composites. 

For a little insight, and hopefully an Adobe rep is reading this, I've worked closely with Amish communities now for about 10 years. They are wonderful to work with, but of course don't have access to certain tech as we do. Therefore, I must find a way to create realistic room settings to display their beautiful furniture, while compositing photography that is given to me with 3D and 2D elements. 

I've tried camera matching in Maya and rendering exclusively with it, but Photoshop is my element, and not being able to mask and render layers at a time is not only time consuming , but tedious at best. I actually like Photoshop's simpler 3D interface and actually think the raytracer does an "ok" job for my needs, It's just that it's painfully slow. Not just rendering, but moving objects around in the scene, adjusting material attributes and pretty much any adjustment in 3D in Photoshop is slow. 

With all of that said, and I could expound even more, I simply wish Adobe would consider those of us who may be using Photoshop for more unique tasks. Let us utilize the GPU to render, like most other 3D capable apps. Provide a stable 3D workflow. Include perspective matching as in Dimension. I could go on and on. 

All I'm asking is that you listen Adobe, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please address my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, I found the crash logs from you and I've logged this issue for engineering to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Jeffrey, thanks so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, 19.1.7 is deciding to crash again, while trying to edit and save 3D textures. I sent the report, as I have multiple times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have 3D crashing problems. 

System:  Apple iMac 27 5K, 16 GB RAM, Mojave (latest update) OS, lots of HD free space; Photoshop CC 2019 V20.0.3

Situation:  Attempting to change the IBL. I was in the IBL window after replacing the default IBL, editing a texture and had just applied a gradient fill to the texture. I hit the "SAVE" button and the program crashed. Up until attempting to save, all was working fine, but I did not try to render anything before it crashed.

If you need further info, please ask. I'm not that conversant with 3D so my help may be limited, but I was following exact procedures from a 3D tutorial. Another person of my acquaintance had the same problem, so the issue does seem to be reproducible. Thanks.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No longer happening after Photoshop 2020 update!

Votes

Translate

Translate