Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6/CC Menus blank (white) Mavericks Mac OS X 10.9

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hope I am in the right place for this:

I am on a Mac 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, with 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. I just installed OS Mavericks. I am running Photoshop CS6.

Randomly throughout using the program, my windows/palettes (i.e. the layers palette) will become white. Even the "Save" window menu will become white. It's still functional (if I press enter on the save menu, it will save), but I can't see any of the options. I've uninstalled the program and reinstalled. This has unfortunately not solved the problem. Please help

Thanks for the help in advance!

Michael

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014
MacOS 10.9.3 is now available, and contains a fix for this MacOS bug.

You should continue using the plugin, however, because the plugin also contains a fix for another bug that has not yet been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 208 Replies 208
208 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well. Disabling "Displays Have Separate Spaces" didn't work. I made the change yesterday and have been using photoshop all day today. 5 mins ago the black menu accrued again! I hope Wacom is speedy with that driver update you mentioned Michael.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on images with multiple layers open. Applying Nik filters to some layers. While working with layers at some stage all photoshop menus blank out, text disappears, just empty white rectangles display. This is true for all menus, context menus, top menus, right-click, etc. every photoshop menu goes blank. Restarting photoshop restores the menus. After some time menus go blank again. Clicking anywhere on the white boxes still triggers actions, so if you can remember where the save button was before you close down your work is saved before closing. Does anyone else have this? Is it connected to using Nik filters? Using Creative Suite German version, latest update to 10.0.6 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those still having the problem (I am), don't forget your hot keys. Command + S will save your work. Command + Q should quit Photoshop. I don't use the 'quit' hot hey often as I roughly know its at the bottom of the first drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updating Wacom Driver worked for me initially, but now the issue has recurred. Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted all traces of Wacom Driver from my system, including hidden root prefs file (using terminal), then restarted and reinstalled new Wacom Driver linked in the top comment. This did not resolve the glitch. CS6 menus still blank out after a while.

I noticed that once menus went blank -> when clicking on opacity in the layers palette: instead of the slider appearing the sponge tool is shown. Moving the mouse left and right on the sponge tool icon appearing instead of the opacity slider changes opacity.

If it is not the way memory is allocated in CS6 that causes the behavior (some CS6 process using the wrong part of memory) then I suspect some other third-party software uses memory space allocated to CS6 (overflow into the memory space allocated to CS6 menu content).

Maybe the sandboxing and memory allocation in Mavericks make a process run out of memory and overflow into the memory area for menu content.

I hope you can pinpoint the problem soon and find a solution. Pretty annoying to restart every so often. Luckily all keyboard shortcuts continue to work so I can save my work and restart PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the blank menus: Updating the Wacom Driver has helped to reduce the frequency, but it still happens. Instead of 4 times per day, now only once per day, on average.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem-removed the wacom driver and reinstalled an updated one and still had white menus after a few minutes. I then opened photoshop cc as a new user and everything works fine now, but I really hope that this problem is resolved soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated wacom drivers -no help.
menus go blank very often now, very irritating.
please solve this issue fast. please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a week or so of testing with the Wacom Driver, it has reduced it, but i still get the blank menus ussually when I turn the software on use it for 10 -15mins then try to use the burn tool and thats when it occurs. Switch off and back on and the problem goes away for a number of hours. But yeah certainly not fixed it.

Is Adobe investigating their end aswell? As far as I'm concerned this occurred when I updated to Mavericks, sure you Adobe should be considering if the software is fully compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following this thread. I've tried all solutions proposed. The issue still remains.
This issue is a menace.

PLEASE FIX

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing Mavericks my Photoshop Cs5 menus keep going blank . Ive noticed this happens more often when using the select tool. I have installed the latest Wacom drivers just in case and it still happens. Has been happening every day several times and I need to reboot Photoshop every time. Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, i have photoshop CS6 and MacOsx Maverick. Before upgrade to Maverick all functions of photoshop are good, after update, when i use selection instrument over one image, after some selections, all menu go to white and the text disappear. Then i can't save file and i lost all my work. I have tried also CC release but it the same. The selection tools is very important for me and my work, normally i make some step to select the contour and save the selection but also when the selection lost is little this is not a pleasure. I use one Mac Mini with 16Gb of ram, 1Tb of HDD, Mac Osx 10.9, Photoshop CS6 13.1.2 x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using "edit in Photoshop" from LR to edit and image, PS works fine, until sporadically and randomly all the menus and the image turns white and you can not see them anymore. Keyboard shortcuts still work (THANKFULLY!) so at least you can save your work, but it is happening with more frequency. It never happened until I upgraded to Mavericks OS. After reading the forums lots of people are having this problem! Seemingly a Wacom driver is to "blame", but after reading all this, and even going out and buying the latest Intuos Pro tablet, installing the latest drivers thinking this would solve the problem- same issue!! This never happened before the upgrade, and does not happen in ANY other program, just PS. Restarting PS "fixes" it, until it happens again- it can happen hours apart or minutes apart. It appears to be happening more frequently. I make my livelihood as a professional photographer, and during the busiest time of year, the disruption in the workflow is inexcusable. I am not going to reinstall my whole system, and even those who did said it didn't fix it. It would be nice for Adobe to at least acknowledge that this is a known issue and assure everyone they are seeking a solution. All threads I've seen acknowledge nothing. Please at least HEAR us!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problems on imac's macro's and mac book pro's running maverick and CS6 and CC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about ready to cancel my membership with Adobe Creative Cloud. I have reported and so have many others that Photoshop is not working properly with the release of Apple Maverick. I dont know why Adobe is not giving any information on the status of them trying to fix this problem. It is white squares that appear after using photoshop for any length of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Field here again. I've already written a few times before. For some reason, this problem has become much worse all of a sudden. Today, I have spent the last 30 minutes unsuccessfully trying to make 2 minutes worth of revisions to a PSD, because of the blank windows issue. The windows all went blank and I quit / reopened photoshop. I used the dodge tool once and the windows went blank immediately. Then I shut down my cpu and started over. The same thing happened again! Wow. 3 times in a row. Perhaps it's because my image is over 1GB in size and is 16 bit? I'm using an 8-core Mac pro (mid 2008) with an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card and Mavericks OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed to int English version yesterday an it worked fine 1 day now it's back to frustrating restarts of CC again :-((
3.2 quadcore 16GB mac pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

experiencing the very same thing....first my Macbook Pro started doing this..then tried all the suggestions here..... thus i bought a Brand new Imac 27" just yesterday. Thinking it might be really my old MBP ( 2009) cant handle CS6 with mavericks running. Then i used my newly accuired imac and the same thing happened! WHITE BLANK MENU starts to come out after 30 mins of using it and getting more and more frequent!... ADOBE or APPLE's Bug? Please solve this as it's getting more and more annoying with these blank screen!!!!!!!!!!

i dont mind downgrading back to CS5 or going back to mountain lion as it doesnt have those problems before the maverick came out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blank screen, or blank menus (as this topic discusses)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree Adobe needs to address this issue. I have been trying unsuccessfully to get help from them. With as many people having the problem you would think it would be fixed by now

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean blank menu's.... it is really irritating... one more thing is it happening on cs5 as well?? or should i get back to Mountain Lion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested CS5 on 10.9. We've been trying to figure out what is causing this for some people, but numerous bugs in 10.9 make it difficult. We are still pursuing it, and working with Apple on a number of bugs introduced in MacOS 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

I am experiensing a bit of a problem with photoshop cc on mac os x mavericks. At some point all the information windows (i.e. coordinates while dragging), popup windows such as choose color dialog or program menus (file/edit/view, etc.) displays as a white rectangles. It gets back to normal if i restart the program. Sometimes i see this behavior more than once a day.

Looks like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpnijpotapf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Is anyone else having problems/bugs with mavericks and photoshop? I have two problems, All menu bars blank to white when trying to save a file.
Second is, the graduation tool, when you select 2 different colours, photoshop will only use one solid and no graduation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed MAVERICKS on my Mac . After about 10 to 20 minutes working with Photoshop ( CS5 Extended all Photoshop ) all bar menus are WHITE, BLANK with no info whatsoever. I need to force quite because I ́m not even able to read QUIT PHOTOSHOP. After 10, 20 mins it happens again. and again... and again...
Pretty annoying. It makes working rhythm impossible.

I also recently change my graphic card. However, this ONLY happens with Photoshop. ( I guess if this is a card issue, it would happen in other applications as AFTERFX...blah blah blah )

SO I ́m pretty confused, is it the new card? Is it Mavericks? this never ever happen before any of those items.

HERE an image.

Need help asap!!

Votes

Translate

Translate