• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Delete layer doesn't delete the whole layer if the mask is selected

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! How to off new feature? Now for deleting layer i should press "Delete" twice - first for mask, second for layer. How can I fix that? I need deleting layer and mask together.

Bug Won't fix
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

This is working As Designed. Delete key will delete the select item. It's worked this way going back to CS2.

Status Won't fix

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not worked this way since CS2. Clicking on the right side of the layer name has allowed me to delete the whole layer and now it just deletes the mask only. *** I did just notice that the layer I'm clicking on is a grouping with a mask on it. *** Clicking on that layer selects the mask only (puts a border around the mask). When I create a single layer, then add a mask, click off off that layer, then click back on the layer it selects the layer, not the mask. So, then when I press delete the whole layer is deleted. Perhap this is something to do with more complex layers and masking. It has changed. I use the same actions on photos over and over for years and these layers (that are groups) have always allowed me to delete the whole layer with just one click on the layer and then one delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this behavior, and it's driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't an issue in 19, I believe. Now, if I am deleting a curves layer for instance, I have to press delete 3 times. This isn't a helpful feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love for this to be changed. In the past when I made an adjustment layer and immediately deleted it, I only needed to press delete once. Now I have to press it twice. Something changed in how the selection of masks/layers works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 When I click on the adjustment layer with the intention of deleting it, it instead deletes the mask. I have to press delete twice in order to get rid of the whole layer. I believe this is what the person is describing, and it hasn't worked this way since CS2; it's much more recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting only the mask doesn't make any sense. There are numerous easy ways already to delete or disable a mask. Click and press delete should delete the entire layer, as it has been for all previous versions of Photoshop. To change it means all people using automated behaviour while working have to adapt to new behaviour. When implementing new features please just make it optional not manditory changes. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate