• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Dialog for Export Settings gets trapped behind Photoshop windows

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(for Mac) I have lost about 12 hours of work so far because of a bug in Photoshop for video. If you go to Export > Render Frames, then open the options menu (for export settings), this menu can easily be trapped behind the Photoshop-windows. If this happen, Photoshop will stand-by (with the rotating circle icon), and thereby freeze, waiting for me to click OK or Cancel on the options-menu, but this menu is hidden by Photoshop. If I force quit for Photoshop, the Options-menu is accessible as soon as Photoshop shuts down, which is too late.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012
Photoshop CS6 no longer uses QuickTime's Export Settings dialog so this should no longer be a problem using Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only raw processing is very slow, but also basic GUI functions like dragging a panel around, switching from one view to another, minimizing, etc.

Today it was so particularly slow for me that I had to record a video

Its so unusable at this point that I'm wondering if I should ask for a refund until they find a solution.

Sorry for the poor quality, I had to record with my phone as screen recorders wouldn't work with lightroom sucking up all computer resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, crazy slow on high end rig (8700k + 1080ti + 1TB NVME + 16GB RAM), specially all local adjustments, switching modules and general GUI lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Super slow rendering of ALL local adjustments, changing from Develop to Library Modules, and zooming in/out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem:  I've upgraded Lr classic 7, and was looking forward to enjoying the new features. To my great disappointment Lr started working so slowly that I can hardly process my photos in it. It annoys a lot just to list presets, to say nothing to work in develop mode.
 How can I fix this problem? Can I upgrade it one more time? I'm afraid to reinstall Lr because I don't want to lose my albums, which I  had once in my practice..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how long it will take them to make a patch...? This release was a total disaster, but I'm used to it by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3.1 just came out a couple of hours ago. I'm not certain if it fixed this issue as I wasn't able to reproduce it, but you could give it a try to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't solve any performance issue for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, 7.3.1 didnt fixed any of the slow downs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al Fresco, I am having similar (same?) issues. Has your system improved with LRCC 7.4 release? Did you find any other solutions/improvements?

Cheers, Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gretchen, I am having similar (same?) issues. Has your system improved with LRCC 7.4 release? Did you find any other solutions/improvements?

Cheers, Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philipp, same issues for me. Working on my photos has stopped - it's all problem-solving at the moment and has been for several months now.

I also did the re-install and made new smaller catalogs and all sorts of other little adjustments including the 7.4 update with no real improvement. My system is a new, fast iMac with 32gb ram and a SSD, which apparently well exceeds the minimum spec.

In my experience LR gets a bit erratic; sometimes takes 90 secs to change from Develop to Library module, if the program has been in the background. Showing/hiding masks may not work at all when clicking on edit pins and can take up to 90-100 seconds when selecting the checkbox. The brush lags so much that painting layers of adjustment is not functional.

It's become so frustrating I'm exploring migrating to other platforms to ease the pain! 

All very frustrating for a program that I use constantly and love enormously (when it works well!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philipp, same issues for me. Working on my photos has stopped - it's all problem-solving at the moment and has been for several months now.

I also did the re-install and made new smaller catalogs and all sorts of other little adjustments including the 7.4 update with no real improvement. My system is a new, fast iMac with 32gb ram and a SSD, which apparently well exceeds the minimum spec.

In my experience LR gets a bit erratic; sometimes takes 90 secs to change from Develop to Library module, if the program has been in the background. Showing/hiding masks may not work at all when clicking on edit pins and can take up to 90-100 seconds when selecting the checkbox. The brush lags so much that painting layers of adjustment is not functional.

It's become so frustrating I'm exploring migrating to other platforms to ease the pain! 

All very frustrating for a program that I use constantly and love enormously (when it works well!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Same for me

I noticed that on my side disabling GPU support made things less laborious.
(Moreover, advanced tests have allowed me to see that the GPU was never solicited apart from the use of brushes, while slowing down everything else - usage advantage almost to zero all along)

Without the GPU it is more livable but, even downgrading the version of lightroom to the last but one can not reprofit with a proper speed thanks to the CPU + GPU

Please correct this defect, I spend hours on my photos ...

* Another problem appeared with the last 2 versions:
Full screen display bug on OSX latest version + iMac 5K.
as soon as we switch to another "desktop" or that we click elsewhere than in LR are display takes odd proportion until it becomes normal after a click in the app.

Courage and thank you to the develloppers for their work to make LR always more functional and powerful (a preference for me for the overall fluidity of the application, do not hesitate to load my GPU there is margin! ;))

Votes

Translate

Translate