• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Dialog window is locked to the top left of the screen (Windows)

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in photoshop that has been around for a long while where if you save for web on an image it will lock the next open window to the top left of the screen. I can move the window to the center of the screen and everything works as it should as long as I don't save for web. Other files will open and the open dialog box stays where I put it but when I save an image with the legacy save for web command, right after that dialog box closes its locked to the top left again. Really annoying. Can we please get this fixed

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Alex,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're doing to trigger this.  Which workspace are you using?  Are your windows floating or are they docked (default behavior)?  Windows or Mac?  Either I cannot repro or I'm not following you.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David,

I had it in the title, photoshop on windows. I'm using the essential workspace, windows aren't floating they're in tabs. To reproduce it, open up photoshop and then hit control + O to open a new dialog box. Center the window on the screen. Then open up a file with something on the canvas and then use the legacy save for web command. Save something to the desktop and then hit control + O again to open something. The dialog box will now be locked to the top left of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also noticing the same thing happening whenever I open up a new file I haven't opened in a while and hit Control + shift + s to save as. The window will be locked to the top left corner of the screen as well. So this is happening in 2 instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Alex,

Ah, okay, now I gotcha.  Yeah, I'll go ahead and log it.  Might actually be an OS issue, but we'll see.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im glad I finally found it, it's been bugging me for a long time and wasn't sure what was causing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David, do we know when this will be implemented into a photoshop update? I thought today it would be in the latest update but I don't think it was included

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Howdy Alex,

I've logged the bug, but the team that would fix it isn't mine, so it's hard to know when it'll be addressed.  All bugs get triaged and sorted by severity.  Our support team here, however, is very good about marking forum bugs fixed once there's a release that includes a solution.

Hope that helps,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate