• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Duotone curves incorrectly played back in actions recorded

LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When an action is recorded in Photoshop CC or CC 2014 the mode change to duotone is always defined as a description of duotone ink and transfer points. Even when loading a duotone preset while recording. We have to go back to Photoshop CS5 to record an action defined as a link to a duotone preset.

The problem is when an action with the description of Duotone transfer points is played back only the first 5 transfer points are used for each curve. All the transfer points past the fifth are set to null, including 100. Also transfer points that are equal, like Value: 50 - Response: 50, are not recorded at all. That is a problem because equal value transfer points like that are used along with other transfer points to set the slope of curves. They can't just be ignored.

I have examples of the correct duotone curves and the results when playing it back from an action. You can see that only the first five transfer points are correct and the rest are set to null, including 100 which is reset to 100. This is easily repeatable. Please contact me for more info. Thank you.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018
This was a fixed a while back. Should work correctly in current versions of Photoshop. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will have this investigated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I also filed a bug report with Photo Support. Ticket #186239760

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was a fixed a while back. Should work correctly in current versions of Photoshop. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate