• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Edit Live shapes problems

Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a rectangle Live Shape with round corners and use the direct selection tool to select the anchors point to one size only, when I move them using the shift key, the entire rectangle is moved, instead of only the side I had selected. Same issue, if I use the arrows keys on computer to fine-tune the positions of it. Tell me it’s a know issue and not as designed.

That’s why I asked if there is a way to turn off Live Shape. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Thanks. Yes, this is fixed with 22.0.1. Let us know if you still have any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
22 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop asks me if I want to turn the live shape into a regular path if I use the direct selection tool to select the anchors point to one size only, when I move them using the shift key. Then the side moves independently. Might need a screen recording of what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, I’ll record something tomorrow. Do you want me to share the link to the recording here or send it by email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. You can post it here (link to YouTune or CC files/dropbox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go... forget my late night french accent! 🙂

recording

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, this is true on both macOS and Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is looking into it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if this is an intended behaviour or a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like an issue that will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PLk1eoOGO6M" style="max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%;" width="640px"></iframe>

I'm using Photoshop 2021. Simply just want to move a few point on a shape path using the white arrow.  But either the whole path jumps around or the whole shape will move which I have no control over it.  Anyone know what's going on here? It's really annoying... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,

I'm having an issue with new updated Photoshop v 22.0 that the direct selection tool is not working properly.

I want to move only selected point but all sharpes included not selected points are also moving.

Please let me know if you have any solutions for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often need to make multiple rounded-rectangle shapes with corners that are the same size, and that are aligned, for instance when creating buttons or tabs for a mockup of a web page. I often want them to be the same height, but different widths to match the length of the text that will be overlaid on them. The easiest way for me to create several of them and to keep them aligned is to make the first using the Rounded Rectangle tool, then copy that layer for however many I need and then use the Move Tool while holding the shift key to reposition them while keeping them aligned, then using the Direct Selection tool to choose only half the points (say, all the points on the right), so that I can drag those points out to make the button wider without making it taller and without changing the corner radius (as happens when you use "transform" to resize things). In order to keep the button straight, I normally hold the shift key when dragging the set of points that I selected. It used to work fine.

With the latest iteration of Photoshop, it no longer works. If I hold down the shift key while dragging the set of points that I have selected using the Direct Selection tool, instead of only moving the selected points, it moves the entire path instead of just the points I selected. Since I can already do this with the Path Selection tool, it seems ridiculous that the Direct Selection tool now does the same thing. I suspect, therefore, that this is a bug that has been introduced to Photoshop with the latest release.

On the other hand, this may be considered a feature. I'm not sure how paths are treated in Adobe Illustrator, but it does appear that the way rounded rectangle Live Shape Layers are dealt with in Photoshop now more closely resembles how they are dealt with in Illustrator. It may therefore be that the Live Shape Layer needs to be converted to a regular path in order to do what I am trying to do. If that is the case, it would be nice if there were some facility for doing such a conversion other than having to drag one of the points in the path out of alignment to trigger the warning dialog that says that the Live Shape Layer will be changed in to a normal path. The workaround I finally figured out was to use the pen tool to add a point to the path. That never triggered the dialog, but it did allow me to drag the points I wanted to drag while depressing the shift key without moving the whole path.

As an FYI, I find that if I select some points in a rounded rectangle with the Direct Selection tool and move them using Smart Guides either directly right, left, up or down, the same thing happens. Instead of only moving the points that I selected, the entire path is moved. If I deviate even slightly from the 0, 90, 180, or 270 degree direction of the move, only the points I selected move and the unselected points in the path remain in place. But if I happen to get back on that 0, 90, 180, or 270 degree line, then the whole path pops out of place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant use photoshop for webdesign so my work is blocked by this.

its a huge issue.

how even this went through QA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose the direct selection tool (A) and choose the WHITE one, I should be able to click + drag select some anchor points in a shape and move them independently from the other non-selected anchor points. This doesn't work independently, all anchor points move together, as such I can't expand the side of a shape by dragging a point.

The way to get out of this glitch, is if I select ONE anchor point, move that single point, then I can move the points I want independently.

This isn't the easiest thing to describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. It appears that when I draw a rectangle there are 2 anchor points at each 90 degree corner. I have to remove one of the 2 anchor points from each corner in order to move an individual corner without the others moving. This is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using photoshop v22.0.0, but I've had this problem for the past 2-3months. After creating a square shape in photoshop, when I want to adjust the width or height, I'd select two anchor points and when moving it, the whole entire shape moves. This doesn't happen with circular, triangle and organic shapes, only on square/rectangular shapes. 

Please fix this bug, it is becoming very difficult to work with for someone who is pixel perfect. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s is fixed with the 22.0.1 release. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, this is fixed with 22.0.1. Let us know if you still have any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running 23.4.2 and still having this issue. Along with a host of other ones (selecting/unselecting issues, menus not docking, quick-keys not working, brush tool lagging). I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. What's the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Palladium Media A02 , could we ask you start a new thread as this one is over 2 years old. We are happy to help but we don't want to confuse postings here with your issue.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely not fixed, I'm on 25 and I'm still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate