• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error (fatal requiring a force quit) when trying to split a video clip

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an outstanding case with Adobe technical support (very poor support).I append the case history to this summary:
However to précis the problem. Since subscribing to PS CC I have been unable to split a video clip (with the scissors tool), when I try to do this I get a fatal error (ie PS freezes) by repeatedly clicking the OK in the error dialog the clip eventually splits but the error remains and I have to force quit out of PS.
At Adobe's suggestion I have removed the preferences file (for PSCC), removed all previous versions of PS also used Adobes clean up tool to assist this, followed by uninstalling CC and reinstalling. A quirk is that on reinstall (this reverts to the early version of PS CC) the error goes away but when updating PS CC (being alerted to updates) the error returns.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014
This should be fixed in the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013
I am able to reproduce with the info I gained from doing some remote troubleshooting with Welsh Wizard.

Workaround for program error splitting a clip is to go to Preferences>Plug-ins... and make sure "Enable Generator" is unchecked and restart Photoshop.

If you installed Edge Reflow, you will also need to disable the "Generator" folder in the Photoshop>Plug-ins folder by putting a tilde in front of the folders name. (e.g. ~Generator ) and restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
59 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to reproduce with the info I gained from doing some remote troubleshooting with Welsh Wizard.

Workaround for program error splitting a clip is to go to Preferences>Plug-ins... and make sure "Enable Generator" is unchecked and restart Photoshop.

If you installed Edge Reflow, you will also need to disable the "Generator" folder in the Photoshop>Plug-ins folder by putting a tilde in front of the folders name. (e.g. ~Generator ) and restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great !.
Thank You very much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to repeat:

1. In Finder right click mp4 and select "Open with" and choose "Photoshop CC".

2. Drag "Layer 1" (which is the mp4) over the "New Layer" icon and let go.

3. The error will pop-up saying "Could not complete your request because of a program error.

4. Clicking "ok" closes the pop-up which is immediately replaced with an identical pop-up. Force quitting the app is the only option left.

From Photoshop error log: 2013:10:11 16:05:18 : /Volumes/workarea/PS_14_Mac_Daily_Retail/20130923.r.427/photoshop/main/photoshop/xcode/../framework/sources/DynamicArray.cpp : 90 : REQUIRE failed

Photoshop version: 14.1.2 x64
Operating system: OSX 10.8.5

Update:It appears I cannot snip a video in half either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solution/workaround to this issue in the official answer. (Disable generator and generator plug-ins)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voila, that worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's screen cast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RAXb0...

Dear Ps developers, please fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Misha,

Please try the solution/workaround to this issue in the official answer. (Disable generator and generator plug-ins)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This should be fixed in the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate