• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Every drawing action snaps to upper left hand screen corner (Window 10 with WinTab)

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image: https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1825638/RackMultipart20200219-10082-123vxlm-problem_...
This problem is reproducible with every start of Photoshop and persists.

It started to appear today with the new update to 21.1

In almost all drawing tools (brush, pen, smudge, copy, eraser, etc...) , after i click and drag a little to draw something, the tooltip will snap to the upper left hand corner of the screen space, (drawing a line to there).

- this is version 21.1 of creative cloud photoshop in Germany, also tested in english install, and switched to english locale, on windows 7 64 bit

- I tried resetting Photoshop to defaults (CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-Start)

- I tried resetting all tools to default via tool palette

- i tried resetting all brushes to defaults

- i tried restarting computer

- i tried disabling all other programms running (autohotkey, browser, mail-programs)

Hints are:

- if in brush i turn up "Smoothing (Glättung)" to something higher than 0% then the bug will not occur.

- the bug will only occur if a click-and-drag. Doing just clicks, it won't jump to the corner. Someone else with the same problem reported he also has the problem with clicks too, not just just with click-dragging-and-releasing (a.k.a painting)

- the tools that have no smoothing-% setting, i can not get to work.

There is a thread about this on the adobe support community forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bug-every-drawing-action-snaps-to-upper-left-hand-screen-co....

Other people have posted about a seemingly similar problem on the adobe support community forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bugs-in-v21-1-0/td-p/10933438?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/brush-tool-lasso-tool-snaps-up-to-the-corner-when-using-a-m....

My SYSTEM:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.0 20200212.r.106 2020/02/12: 4dd027efb58  x64
Anzahl der Starts: 1
Betriebssystem: Windows 7 64-Bit
Version: 7 SP1  6.1.7601.24545
[System Info truncated by moderator]

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

The original issue in this thread was fixed in the 21.1.1 update

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
73 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue here since yesterday. Using brush tool, healing brush, selection tool, when make just little movement and release the mouse all snaps to the left up corner. Was trying different mouse but still have the same issue. When  I using Wacom tablet pen- no issue- everything works fine.Using Windows 10 up to date, Ge Force 1060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today issue is fixed. Don't know how this happened. Just after Windows auto update today  morning I am trying to work in Photoshop V.21.1 and everything works flawlessly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to go back to quality control and beta testing before releasing updates, like they did with the Creative Suites releases.  Now they're seem to be rushing updates out to justify the reason for switching to a subscription based system.  Yes I like to get updates and upgrades whenever they get released, but only when they are thoroughly tested and ready for release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! It creates shooting lines when i lift my pen and my pressure sensitivity does not work with windows ink. I can't draw and am using Affinity Photo now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to +1 this - however, this issue appears to be intermittent on my device (although, it's been rather persistent today, prompting me to reach out).

I've also noticed that by setting the Smoothing setting to ≥1%, the issue disappears on the Brush-based tools.

However, the issue is affecting every tool if performing a drawing action, including all Selection tools, even in other workspaces like the Content-Aware Fill window. This is mighty annoying, please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading Ivaylo Petrov's comment saying that this is fixed, I reinstalled  v21.10 but I discovered that the problem IS NOT FIXED.... (March 14th 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue. I just updated and now this. It would be nice if Adobe would at least warn people there is a problem before they proceide with the updated. 

Just curious how will we know when this has been corrected so we can return to the 2020 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release of V 21.1.1 announced yesterday seems to have fixed this problem for me. I did have a tussle with error messages relating to Adobe Temp files when trying to Upgrade, wound up Uninstalling, deleting the Adobe Temp directory on C: and the a hard reboot, after which a fresh installation worked. (I suspect those temp files might have been hold overs from a CS6 version that I uninstalled last fall....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see - the list of fixed issues does not mention this, so I don't think this has been acknowledged yet. I'll hold off for another version or two, I think...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that too, but have seen other comments indicating that it is fixed. I installed and have been using it all morning  without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every software maker is facing a problem, which is this: (1) code is so vast and (2) there is a near infinite variety of combinations of hardware / other installed software out there that it is virtually impossible for any company to be able to test their stuff on all possible sets of combination of hardware, software environment, use to which the program will be put...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tested the brush tool and clone tool for 15 minutes, it worked well. The problem didn't appear after the last update. I hope it is fixed for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the update to 21.1.1 fixed the jumping tools for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what beta testers are for.  What you say is true, but the same bug on multiple tools that was quickly caught by all Photoshop users should have never left the programmer's offices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one could get an infinite number of Beta testers, would THEY be able to write Shakespeare or find an piece of errant logic in the window of time before a product has to go to the market? I dunno: ask Boeing about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have a problem using Wacom tablet pen with WinTab interface with Photoshop 21.1.0  and 21.1.1.   INK is not Issue free and INK is not supported in old Photoshop versions.  WinTab support is required,
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21.1.1 fixed the issue for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems related to the Wacom Pen rocker button configuration if I disable the lower setting I do not have a problem in 21.1.1  in 21.1.0 even if  I disable that button I had flaky problems.  Normally I set that button to Alt+Right Click and that not Problem in 21.0.3.   In 21.1.1 with that set to Right Click its default or my settings I have flaky problems in 21.1.1 
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using a mouse to paint, there is a jump to 0,0 (screen, not document) when I release the mouse button. This leaves a line on the document. This only happens with a mouse when the smoothing is at zero percent.
I do not see the problem with a pen/tablet, OR when smoothing is > 0%

The clone and smudge tools do not have a smoothing setting so they show the problem all of the time with the mouse (but not with a pen).

Desktop PC - AMD processor with old Graphics card. Acceleration on or off makes no difference.
Windows 10 (1909). Photoshop CC 21.1.0 (tested on PS CC 20.0.8 on same PC - no problems found)
Tablet = XP-PEN G640S .... I have replicated the problem with the tablet removed (but the drivers were still loaded)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encountered this problem with Photoshop tools snapping to the top left, in the last couple of days. I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop version 21.2.4

I have noticed that it only happens if I open the image from Lightroom Classic (version 9.4) using "Edit in Photoshop 2020" when Photoshop is not already open in the background.

If I open Photoshop independently, then go back to Lightroom and choose "Edit in Photoshop" the problem doesn't occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the SAME ISSUE. I've spent 3 days on the line with Adobe, uninstalled and reinstalled CC and all apps and still no fix. This only happens in PS - everything behaves normal in LRC and other apps. It's incredibly frustrating because there's no work around... the program is useless like this. This happened mid edit - so there were no updates that I am aware of. I was running Version 22.3.1. I tried rolling back to the earliest version available and that did not solve the problem.  I'm using Windows 10 on the HP Spectre x360. I am not using a Wacom and have been using a regular bluetooth mouse.  Obviously from this original post this is an issue that has persisted for more than a year with no solution. I spent 18 straight hours online with Adobe techs trying to work through this, and no solution after exhausting every possible update, roll back, etc. 

Thank you for any recommendations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original issue in this thread was fixed in the 21.1.1 update

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you have a different issue and may be best to start a new thread so your issue doesn't get lost in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate