Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Export As - File Settings - Quality is not remembering last used setting

0 Votes
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I export a new image, the quality goes back to "Good". This is very bad, since sometimes users might end up forgetting to switch it, which ends up in a super low quality image.

This happens during the same Photoshop session, and as well as a new session.

I have tested this with several 10mb images, as well as 500kb images.

Side note:  Having a percentage quality option from 0% to 100% is much better than these new options. "Good" is actually pretty "Poor" in my opinion, there's no way an image exported as "Good" should ever be pixelated.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that any version of Photoshop/Export As remembered the quality setting.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your vote here to bring back the slider control for quality: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-bring-back-jpeg-quality-percentage-to-exp... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, although having 40 quality (Good) as the default quality setting is very annoying (and also bad UX in my opinion, who would want pixelated images?). Personally, I would rather have 100 quality (Great) and go down if the file size is too big. Either way, an extra setting to set the default would be great.

Anyway regarding my issue I found a fix, which lets me use the 1-100 quality setting. It can be activated in Preference - Export - Options - Use legacy "Export As".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've asked engineering about both issues (the default setting, and not remembered). Will let you know anything I find out and can share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines