• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export As - File Settings - Quality is not remembering last used setting

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I export a new image, the quality goes back to "Good". This is very bad, since sometimes users might end up forgetting to switch it, which ends up in a super low quality image.

This happens during the same Photoshop session, and as well as a new session.

I have tested this with several 10mb images, as well as 500kb images.

Side note:  Having a percentage quality option from 0% to 100% is much better than these new options. "Good" is actually pretty "Poor" in my opinion, there's no way an image exported as "Good" should ever be pixelated.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that any version of Photoshop/Export As remembered the quality setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your vote here to bring back the slider control for quality: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-bring-back-jpeg-quality-percentage-to-exp... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, although having 40 quality (Good) as the default quality setting is very annoying (and also bad UX in my opinion, who would want pixelated images?). Personally, I would rather have 100 quality (Great) and go down if the file size is too big. Either way, an extra setting to set the default would be great.

Anyway regarding my issue I found a fix, which lets me use the 1-100 quality setting. It can be activated in Preference - Export - Options - Use legacy "Export As".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked engineering about both issues (the default setting, and not remembered). Will let you know anything I find out and can share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop definitely kept the quality setting used in the latest export. At least until photoshop 2018. I have skipped inbetween that and 2022. Proof is, using legacy export as remembers the settings. Problem is, legacy export as is laggy and often gives rainbow wheel of death for a few seconds after using it.
It is very inconvenient that it does not do it anymore, especially in a job like mine that requires repetitive exporting of hundreds of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting your preferred Export As options for Quick Export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that does not affect the Export As dialogue at all.
I am really baffled that these issues with Export As are being overlooked.
Me and my whole team are struggling with it, updating to Photoshop 2022 has really disrupted our worflow in that regard.
The new Export As is very non functional, and the old Export As has been somehow broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstood, Quick export does not preset the Export As interface, it is a limited preset of Export As.

P.S. There is a legacy Export As option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as explained in my first reply to this topic, legacy Export As is not an option for us, because after the first few exports, it presents a problem where after the dialogue is closed following an export or just cancelling, photoshop freezes for a few seconds with spinny rainbow wheel (this happens the same across 3 different machines). And this is simply not viable when we need to export hundreds upon hundreds of assets to hit a deadline.
We must use the regular export as window for our workflow needs, quick export is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that. So this leaves Generator, legacy Save for Web and standard save, all of which can be automated to various degrees, which is of course very much dependent on specific steps/workflows. Perhaps this could be automated to various degrees?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, no.
Theare are certain features of the full Export As dialogue that we need on a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an ideal world, Export As would be actionable, keeping the settings of the latest export, as it has been asked in many threads of the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, if you say so, I don't know your workflow and was just trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set my export preferences to JPG, with a quality of 7 (the highest) but every time I go to export, it loads in as quality of 6. It's a minor frustration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate