• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export As gets the wrong layer when animated

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't export an individual layer in a Photoshop document if I created animations in the Video Timeline. Instead, Export As only exports the first layer I tried to export and not the one I selected. I have to close and reopen the document to export the layer I want.

To set it up, there needs to be 2 layers in a document. The Video Timeline has to be enabled. One layer can have a basic Transform animation with 2 keyframes and the other layer can be moved on the timeline a bit. The cursor may need to be moved too. Trying to export one layer should work as expected. But trying to export the other layer will cause the first one to show up again, with no way of getting the other layer to export without closing and reopening the document.

I am on Photoshop version 19.1.2 20180302.r.277
Has anyone else had this problem?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019
I can't get this bug to show up again. If I recall, the bug had to do with the layer not getting selected in the Layers panel if it was selected in the Timeline panel. It seems when a layer is selected in either panel, both selections match and therefore, Export As works as intended. I'm not sure if there's another way for this to break.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps seems to disable a lot of operations on layers when they are in a timeline and the playhead is not within the in and out points of the selected layer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, the playhead is within the in and out points of the layer.Upon further inspection, it seems the selection from a previously-opened document will show up in certain cases, such as being exported if the Quick Export option is used. Another workaround for this seems to be changing the layer order back and forth. This temporarily resolves the export issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a solution for this in the works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...So is there a solution for this in the works???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can't get this bug to show up again. If I recall, the bug had to do with the layer not getting selected in the Layers panel if it was selected in the Timeline panel. It seems when a layer is selected in either panel, both selections match and therefore, Export As works as intended. I'm not sure if there's another way for this to break.

Votes

Translate

Translate