• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export layers to files bug

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export layers to files is merging each layer with one other layer on export. I have a bunch of text only layers and half a dozen regular image layers.  I'm exporting png24.   I've used this feature extensively and today it starts doing this.  I finally found a work around - I put a blank text layer at the bottom of all my text layers and at least now I can't see the overlay.  Also, export layers to files only seems to work right if I set my visiblity and choose Visible Layers Only.  Any other choice causes the program to terminate early with some sort of "delete isn't available" or something.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016
For the layer merging issue, do you happen to have a group in between two non-group layers? If so this is a known issue that I will raise in priority.

For the hidden layer issue - I've reproduced with a group. Non-group layers are working for me. I'll open a bug for this.

Thanks,
Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the layer merging issue, do you happen to have a group in between two non-group layers? If so this is a known issue that I will raise in priority.

For the hidden layer issue - I've reproduced with a group. Non-group layers are working for me. I'll open a bug for this.

Thanks,
Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2019 Sep 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue in cc2019. It started all of a sudden; export layers to files is a script I use almost daily, and now I get the same error as this user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2019 Sep 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Actually, I just figured out what the issue is: if you're exporting layers to files, even if you have the box checked to export only visible layers, but there's a hidden locked layer other than the background, the export script will fail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate