• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Eye dropper freeze with multiple images

Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two images open. Eye dropper tool. Info pallet reads image that has the focus. If you click and hold on the other image to get a reading Photoshop freezes. Happens every time. Tested on two Apple computers. Photoshop 21.1.0 OS X 10.14.6

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

No sweat. I understand hectic times! Thanks for the video. I understand now. The initial click doesn't update the info panel right away. You need to jiggle the mouse a bit to get it to light up the values in the info panel. Let me see if there's something we can do to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.1, which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Photoshop 21.1.0 / OSX 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that rolling back to Photoshop 21.0.3 fixed this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I shall revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, thank you for your tip, David! I'll try to downgrade 21.1.0 to 20.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@david_remington and @Harold_Strak I'm not able to reproduce this problem.

If you reset your prefs by moving the Photoshop Settings folder out using these instructions, does it work correctly? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If the problem persists, can you make a screen recording of your steps? There may be some subtlety to what you're doing?

A sample process while the spinning cursor is up may also help. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/how-to-get-a-process-sample-or-spindump.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry 

Hi Jeffery,

The freeze was specific to v 21.1.0. Newer versions do not freeze when clicking on the rear image. Unfortunately the "fix" was to remove this functionality completely. Click and hold with eye dropper on an open, but not selected, image now does nothing. Being able to compare or reference values between the image you are working on and other open images (without have to switch focus back and forth between them) was a useful feature. Can this be restored in a future update?

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry I second David's request! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I'm not able to reproduce. I've made a movie of what I'm doing and seeing here:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/3afa1801-02e0-4668-47a1-eb9dbcf73ecc

Let me know if I'm doing something different than what you're doing or make a similar video so I can see what's happening. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry 

Hi Jeff, 

Sorry for the delayed response. Hectic times!

Thanks for looking into this. The freeze was fixed a few versions back. What I was missing was seeing the sampled color values on the info palette. Previously click and hold on a background image would display the color values. This is useful for comparison. It looks like it is working aging now with the latest version (21.2.4) but is still a little buggy. You have to jiggle the pointer a bit after clicking to see the values in the info palette. Here is a movie of what I am seeing.

https://we.tl/t-hysSLMDY7d

Thanks!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sweat. I understand hectic times! Thanks for the video. I understand now. The initial click doesn't update the info panel right away. You need to jiggle the mouse a bit to get it to light up the values in the info panel. Let me see if there's something we can do to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.1, which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate