• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Eyedropper tool doesnt always work with groups

Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedropper tool for sampling colors on "current layer and below" doesnt always work when my layers are inside of a group folder. I have to switch eyedropper to "current layer" mode to get it to work sometimes and Im not sure why. This only happens for me my layers are within a group but I cant seem to replicate it. Its more of a random thing that I noticed for a few versions now. Anyone else notice this?

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a specific file that reproduces this consistently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually do. But its a work file so I woudlnt be able to send it. It happens alot though so maybe I can replicate it.

But basically the eyedropper mode CURRENT AND BELOW doesnt work if your current layer is inside a group and another layer is clipped to that group above. So the problem comes from having a layer as a clipping mask on a group.  This group clipping mask bug has been going on since they introduced group clipping mask i noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I made  a file that replicates the bug. Please take a look
http://coreyloving.com/TEMPSTuff/EyeDropperCurrentAndBelow.psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop 2017 I can't use the eyedropper tool in "current & below" mode when i use clipping masks on a group. In the group in the layers the eyedropper just sample the below colors, the current layer's color is "invisible" for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate