• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Files open with wrong window size on non-Retina screens attached to Retina Macs

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on my external (non-Retina) monitor, with my Retina MacBook as a secondary screen next to it. Not uncommon, I believe.

When I open a document Photoshop displays it at Retina-size (i.e 50%) for a split-second before zooming in to 100%. It keeps the window size at 50% though. Since this can get a little annoying Photoshop should adjust the window size to show the full document instead.

(This happens with "Zoom Resizes Window" turned On and Off, as far as I can tell.)

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015
OK. It sounds like we're talking about two different things. This issue reported by the original poster where the window is smaller and has scroll bars when it should be expanded and show the entire image has been fixed.

The behavior described in later comments is covered by this topic: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate
58 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't just an issue of PS utilizing retina screens, it is an issue of utilizing them incorrectly. If I create an image in PS and then save it, it will be twice the size in every other program - even retina-ready programs. I am trying to make images for the web and this is extremely frustrating because I make an image the correct size in CC and it shows up on the web twice as big in Preview or in any browser! There is no reason why I should have to downgrade the resolution of the entire program just to see my images at the size they should be exported. This is a major glitch and highly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering looking into a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I finally upgraded to CC 2014 and I'm encountering this problem. The low res checkbox trick doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No still not resolved after all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running my Macbook with the lid closed seems to work for me. Not a good solution, but it doesn't look like this will be resolved any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't give any specifics around an ETA other than our next update should address this. I'll update this thread when I have more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is annoying. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Im having to use Fireworks or anything but photoshop. It makes me feel like I need another program. All the work I do is for the web and its so complicated to work this way that it is a hindrance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem with PS CC 14.1.2 on a new MPB w/ Retina LCD - 2880 x 1800 res. Running OSX 10.10.2. Is there a fix in sight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not happy about this either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a fix as soon as possible.. That is a huge issue! I really cannot believe that it hasn't been solved yet, as the whole creative industry is ultimately affected by that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm RE-posting this, cause looks like many are still looking for the solution.
BTW: Adobe team is working on this, and its say there will be soon a solution on an soon to come update.

All you have to do is:
1.- Be sure that Photoshop is not running.
2.- Find Photoshop CC App.
3.- Right click on it
4.- Look for the option box -Ope in LOW RESOLUTION-
5.- Checkmark it.
... Done !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorge, is there a workaround for this on a Mac that you know of? The right clicked window does not show the "Open in Low Resolution" box to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my problem as well -- every file opens the wrong size and all I can do is window / arrange consolidate to tab. The second images opens fine. I wrote an action to do this consolidate to tab, but it doesn't work???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem for many, so why no fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that option seems to have disappeared

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is annoying... still unfixed! What's up, Adobe? We are paying lots of money, so get your stuff together and fix this, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

command i for get info

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was a symptom of Photoshop 2015 as it's only just started happening to me since I upgraded, but seems to have been a long-term problem. So frustrating, it really slows down my workflow.

Jorge's solution works for me though, thanks, but shame Adobe can't fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It is beyond frustrating to open op a new document or an image in Photoshop and see it at half the size expected, and then open it anywhere else and see it twice the size and blurry, at that. Come one, Adobe! This is a brand new 2015 15" Retina MBP and a fresh copy of Adobe Photoshop CC! I paid good, hard-earned for both of these, and while Jorge's workaround works brilliantly, it is just that - a workaround, and shouldn't be necessary in order to have a decent workflow. Adobe, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help>System Info...

What does it say under version?

If you're not running Photoshop CC 2015.0.1, please make sure you update: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Help>System Info...

What does it say under version?

If you're not running Photoshop CC 2015.0.1, please make sure you update: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will update and keep my fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with 2015.0.1. This is ridicules, how can we work like this? We are paying good money to use the software - this has to be resolved NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macman 1, you said it perfectly. Jeffrey Tranberry, I did, indeed, update my software through the updater, and there is no change. If anything, my Photoshop application started crashing randomly, all of a sudden. I have Photoshop 5 on my 17" MBP. I don't have any of these issues. What is going on with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate