• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Font size setting wrong after transforming several layers at once.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a bug in the text tool in Photoshop CS6 that makes it impossible to select several text layers and set an exact font size for all the selected layers. Instead it's related to the scaling of the text field, which is extremely frustrating when you, as in every case, want to set a specific font size. I wonder what the rationale was behind this? In which situation would you want it like it is in CS6? All designers I've talked to don't understand the use-case for this. Who would actually want it like this? It worked really well in CS5 so please change it back to the way it was!!!

By the way, the other new features like pixel snapping and the new crop tool is amazing improvements in CS6. More of that!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Tobias,

Your text was transformed at some point, right? We did make a change to how transformed text is handled in CS6, although we've heard a lot of feedback from users and are looking in to changing it back. Unfortunately, we have no ETA yet.

In the case of non-transformed text, yes, you should be able to select all the layers you want to change and simply apply a new point size. If you're having a problem doing this with non-transformed text, please respond and I'll look into it with you.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's right it's only on the transformed layers. On non transformed layers it works fine.

It is quite often that you, as a designer, rescale a document that contains text layers and then want to change font sizes on several layers for example when you have a design you need to adjust for another screen resolution. That's when it becomes a real hazard, like it is now in CS6 I have to select each text layer and set the font size individually and I could have up to about 40-50 text layers in one document and then you can imagine how long it takes.

I guess a temporary solution is to open up the file in CS5 and do the text changes there and then jump back to CS6 when you are done. But that's a bit cumbersome as well. :/

Thanks for looking into this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, previous behaviour is preferred. Can't find a use case for this as well and it's been very frustrating.

Any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, any news on the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried on two different machines, an iMac and a retina Macbook Pro, i have the same issues both places, from launch up until now, and i am fully updated, it completely breaks my workflow, to figure out what size of type works i usually transform and scale my type, until the size "feel" right, then i go and round of to an even pixel... And bobs your uncle.

But now i have to remember to go and change the font size value, number for number, which is not very useful for experimenting.

What makes it worse is that when i scale my fonts using transform or whatever, and it gets all messed up with the font sizes, i cannot go back to the original transform ratio (100%), since photoshop FORGETS IT! So i have basically no choice but to:
1. Transform text box.
2. Create a new textfield.
3. Fiddle my way to whatever the transformed textbox's pt. size would be at 100%
4. Delete the old one.

If the devs asks me what font size im using, my best answer is "Oh i don't know". Completely useless.

SUGGESTION:
Why not add an option to the transform, or text box, to set the new value as the new 100%, just a button or something, that way i could resize, hit the button and boom, im back to where i have a size that i can actually use for something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this extremely frustating text transform issue came with the retina update, is there a way to revert to the previous update without reinstalling cs6?
i'm in the process of converting a site to various platforms/resolutions and to not be able to scale existing text layers is making it rather difficult since its a pretty massive site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the worst. Please please please fix it. Like...you know...in this decade. It has really messed up my productivity and is just the biggest pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has finally been solved! They have released an update that makes it work the same way as in previous versions. Now it's is actually usable again! :)
http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Any updates on this? This bug causes a major headache for our designers and our developers at my agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Component error Component didn't load. Please try again later.