Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Free transform introduces unwanted warp

3 Votes
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.0.3 on Mac OS 10.15.3

Under certain free transform conditions a Warp is introduced without user input. 

1) the original free transform 

2) when the lowermost point is moved further down the upper left side gets unwarrantedly warped

3) this warp is also visible when switching to warp

The file is available for testing here: 
https://transfer.viennapaint.com/index.php/s/ozy5SpRnf2i2iWH
If anyone takes the time please let me know if you get similar unintended results. 

Regards, 
Pfaffenbichler

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020
HI all, We've identified a bug and a design enhancement that we're working on for an upcoming release that should elminiate this issue. For some users, the solution is simply to ensure you're using a 1:1 grid. (The older version of Transform Warp is a 1x1 grid, but has visual-only isolines. The 3x3 grid looks like the old Transform Warp, but is actually adding additional controls.) Would anyone like to join the beta team to test out the upcoming changes? If so, please send me email - which is m...

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I can easily reproduce with your steps and files. I will have engineering take a look.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for checking this out! 

I hadn’t even tried moving the rightmost corner more, but it seems to introduce a similar Warp – so thank you for a more thorough testing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI all,
We've identified a bug and a design enhancement that we're working on for an upcoming release that should elminiate this issue.
For some users, the solution is simply to ensure you're using a 1:1 grid. (The older version of Transform Warp is a 1x1 grid, but has visual-only isolines. The 3x3 grid looks like the old Transform Warp, but is actually adding additional controls.)

Would anyone like to join the beta team to test out the upcoming changes? If so, please send me email - which is my first name at adobe dot com.

Thank you,

Meredith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines