• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Free transform value units context menu missing on Windows

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A feature has disappeared since the latest Photoshop CC update (14.2) 16/01/2014. If you Free Transform a layer or Marquee, you are presented with X: Y: W: H: etc. values in the top bar. If you want to change the units (i.e. % to pixels) you would ordinarily right click to reveal the context menu with your options. This feature does not currently work.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014
This issue is fixed in the 14.2.1 update: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/?p=...

Votes

Translate

Translate
23 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work for me:

Is the text selected in the edit field when your context clicking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffery! Nope, still not working for me. I'm using Windows 7 if that helps?

....and the 64bit version of Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Windows 7/64bit/Photoshop CC as well.

Just updated last night to the newest version and now this is broken. Was working correctly yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've confirmed the behavior. It is limited to Windows and affects four different areas:
Document Titlebar (floating docs only)
Transform tool option bar
Path Selection tool option bar
All Shape Tools option bars

We are currently investigating the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed the update to Photoshop CC today (Thursday 1/16/14).
This is what the bug is: I go to View-New Guide. In the dialog box that pops up I usually right click in the box next to the word Position and change the increments from inches to percentage. Now when I right click nothing happens. I can't change inches to percentage. I work with textile layouts. This bug is affects the work I do.
Please help. FYI: I'm Working in windows 7 64 bit.
Thanks,
Frederick

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe photoshop CC while using transform selection or free transform the popup menu's for Width ( W ) and Height ( H ) do not seem to work anymore. I can change to other option ( %,px,mm,cm ) by physically typing these values. This appear to happen since I installed the last update yesterday morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure if the bug that I found should have been merged with this topic. These appear to be separate issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibly related issue is the missing right click context menu using the magic wand tool in Ps CC 14.2 on Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: Had the same problem with the magic wand in windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is 14.2 on Windows, then it's probably the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I updated my Photoshop CC and now the right mouse button doesn't respond in selection mode. Example: I paint two swatches of red on a blank document. Yesterday, I could select the one splotch of red with the magic wand, right click, get a flyout menu and choose 'similar' to allow me to select both both splotches of red. Today, no flyout menu comes out when I right click after selecting the red splotch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit in floating windows and often right click on a floating window title bar to open a dialog like duplicate, Image size, canvas size or file info, As shown in this CS6 screen capture. After the Photoshop CC update 14.2 the rifgt click function no longer works.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem, using Windows 8.1/Photoshop CC 14.2/x64. Was working fine before the 14.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The floating window which is displayed after right clicking with the "magic wand" tool no longer displayed ...
I am no longer able to do a reverse selection, grow or find "similar" pixel ... i must use menu bar "select" for the same command select.
v. 14.2 photoshop CC x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC. It updated to the latest version a few days ago. The right click menu function now no longer works. I have rebooted my computer and verified that my mouse works properly. I use this feature constantly! Please fix ASAP. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Win7/64 bit /Photoshop 14.2 CC. New computer with Win 8.1 soon to arrive however looks like Win 8.1 users having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue--no measurement unit context menu when I right-click height or width transform fields. Hopeful for a quick resolution, as it is extremely inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as Jonathan Pelletier. I use those options heavily so this is a major setback for my work. Windows 8.1/PS CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Photoshop 14.2 and suddenly I can't right-click to change between percent and pixels when resizing an object. This happens in both the 64 and 32-bit versions on Windows 8. Steps:
1. Ctrl-T to resize a shape (anything, really)
2. Right-click in the H or W fields at the top of the screen. You should get a drop-down to choose between percent or pixels, but as of the newest version, you get nothing. I can't imagine this is a feature enhancement, so I'm assuming it's a bug.

Please let me know if there's some workaround - it's a feature I use a lot.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same right-click issues with the 14.2 update - any progress toward solving these problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want change unit (%, cm, mm, px), type it in the window (example: 2cm or 30 px, or 150mm etc...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed in the 14.2.1 update: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/?p=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In photoshop CC I used to able to right click the width and height in the toolbar and change the unit from % to whatever unit type I wanted and it would show the sizing info in that unit. Right clicking no longer allows me to change the unit type (it does nothing) so if I want to see the current size quickly I have to use one of the other pallets... why was this ability removed? or is just Broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate