Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Frequent crashes with Topaz AI in PS 24.0.1

Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experincing quite a few crashes with PS 24.0.1 on my M1 Imac. It crashes at random times sometomes when editing and sometimes when i am about to save an image or just quit the App. I have just received a crash report when i had saved an image. All system software etc is up to date and i have tried all of the info supplied by Adobe eg. reset preferences etc but still get the crashes. I have checked the GPU compatability and its says all is compatible. Before i try to instal another version i thought i would ask the question here as im not sure if it's hardware or software related. 

I do have Topaz Labs plug ins installed but have had the crashes without using them. Eg when just saving an image or exiting PS

Each time i have had a crash it has been submitted to Adobe & Apple via the dialogue boxes which appear after the craash.

My Imac is on OS Ventura 13.0.1  16GB RAM  

Any help or advice would be welcome

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Update regarding the Crash issues.

TopazLabs Tech support have emaild me and advised me to.

2. Delete the plugin file for both Topaz Photo AI and DeNoise AI. Close Photoshop fully.
3. Get the v1.1.1 installer from the Topaz Labs downloads page
4. Close Photoshop fully and run the installer which should install a new plugin file.
5. For DeNoise AI, open the application and go to the Help > Install Photoshop Plugin option. Click it and it will run silently in the background.
6. Once both plugin files ar

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Thanks for the crash reports. It's crashing in the Topaz plug-in module. We're working with Topaz to address this issue.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
19 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No advice unfortunately but I have the feeling that 24.0.1 has a memory issue and it has more display bugs then 24.0 on M1 (or so it seems)

It seems so easy to get PS to 20-30 GB of memory use just by cropping a few pictures for example.

However I have a hard time replicating the crashing as I have 64 GB, but I had it once since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve. Many thanks for the reply and hopefully someone will be able to give some advice.

My Imac 24" isn't upgradeable RAM wise and i am hoping that isn't the issue. I used to have a late 2015 Imac and 64GB RAM and had very few issues although that would have been using earlier versions of PS.

When i am using PS i don't have other Apps working in the BG. 

With todays crash i was only working on a 6MB JPG image which i had resized to 2048 x 1987 px saving through Export and "Save for web" i hit the "Save " button and i got the crash which to me i thought would be a simple task  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure works forn for me with both export as or save to web.

However I just uninstalled 24.0.1 and reinstalled it too.

Did you try that to see if it changes anything ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i mentioned it's not one specific task that it crashes on and can happen at any time which is a real nuisance.

Il have a go at uninstalling 24.0.1 and do a re install as there is nothing to lose i suppose and something to gain very hopefully lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar setup on an M1 Mac mini w/16Gb RAM and no crashes. Do you have enough scratch disk space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have this screen shot from PS preferences Scratchdisk if it is Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 14.32.20.pngof any help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's plenty of scratch disk space. There must be something else specific to your system that is causing issues. Next crash, post the crash report on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks will do is there any way i can get the report from this morning from my Imac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried removing the Topaz Labs plugins? Even if you aren't using them they may cause issues.

As far as I know Topaz has yet to release updates for Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi no i havent tried uninstalling the Topaz plugins but all are compatible with Ventura 

https://support.topazlabs.com/article/18-system-requirements

I did take a screen shot of the top part of the crash that occured this morning when saving a jpg file. Not sure if any good to you Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.33.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SIGABRT error indicates the program purposefully shut itself down due to an error.

I would uninstall, run the CC Cleaner Tool then reinstall CC desktop and then PS.

Try running it first without the Topaz plugins before unisntall first.

If it still crashes reinstall without Topaz, confirm it works, then install Topaz.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the Topaz page and only SOME of the plugins are Ventura compatible.

They are also recommending running in Rosetta to resolve crash issues.

Have you tried running Photoshop in Rosetta mode to see if that stablizes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i havent reid running them in Rosetta because the Apps that i use are Denosie Ai & Sharpen Ai which are supposed to be compatible with Apple Silicon etc. But i will try if you think it would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point the issue seems to be limited to your setup. Your options are:

1. Try running in Rosetta.

2. Remove Topaz plugins.

3. Uninstall and cleaner tool. Reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi many thanks for your advice.

I will haver to try the Rosetta option and uninstall of Topaz but as far as using the CC cleaner tool i'm not that confident 

of using it so will have to leave that option and the only other way is for me to go back to a previous version as i didnt have any crashes until v 24.0.1

Regards Adrian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the crash reports. It's crashing in the Topaz plug-in module. We're working with Topaz to address this issue.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Many thanks for the reply and advice. 

I will hold back on making any changes and will wait until there is a fix if it is 

to be sorted by Adobe & Topaz.

If i receive any more crashes i will continue to submit them i also included a link from his forum post when i raised the issue with Topaz tech support today although i have had no response as of yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeffrey

I have just had another crash when using Topaz Photo AI and have forwrded the crash report

I have also taken a screen capture which i have attatched here.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 12.40.20.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update regarding the Crash issues.

TopazLabs Tech support have emaild me and advised me to.

2. Delete the plugin file for both Topaz Photo AI and DeNoise AI. Close Photoshop fully.
3. Get the v1.1.1 installer from the Topaz Labs downloads page
4. Close Photoshop fully and run the installer which should install a new plugin file.
5. For DeNoise AI, open the application and go to the Help > Install Photoshop Plugin option. Click it and it will run silently in the background.
6. Once both plugin files are replaced, open Photoshop and try using the plugin again.

I have follwed the instuctions and have been editing quite a few images without any crashes in PS 

If  i receive any further crashes in PS i will post back but all seems good at the moment.

Regards Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate