Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Greyscale photo preventing Neural Filters window from loading

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I guess this is a bug report. I've been experimenting with the Neural filters since launch and had a bit of fun with them.

However, while restoring an old photo I've come across one that appears to prevent the Neural filters window from loading (it seemingly loads forever resulting in me having to force close Photoshop).

Seems bizarre but I've been able to replicate this again and again with this photo, and it's the only photo where I have encountered this problem.

Really not sure why this is happening as the other photos that have been working great for me are the same age/style as this one. It might be good to have a timeout for the Neural Loading screen I think.

Here is the image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo6qovean0wbmwd/test.jpg?dl=0

Format doesn't seem to matter either as the original is a much larger PSD file that's a WIP.

Regards

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

This should be fixed in 22.1 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Convert the file to RGB and try running the filter again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the file to RGB and try running the filter again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that did the trick. Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry 

Si les filtres ne sont prévus pour fonctionner qu'en mode RVB, il serait bien vu qu'un message avertisse l'opérateur qu'il doit convertir son image en RVB avant de vouloir utiliser ce filtre, et surtout que le programme ni se bloque, ni fasse crasher PS ! A demander aux développeurs de prévoir ces exceptions !

(Google translation) If filters are not envisaged to work that in mode RVB, it would be seen well that a message informs the operator that he must convert her picture into RVB before wanting to use this filter, and especially that the program either jams, or makes crash PS! To ask the developers to envisage these exceptions!

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be fixed in 22.1 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate