• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Has stopped working on launch (librarylookupfile)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I updated to the new Adobe Cloud CC 2015 version. After that Photoshop and Illustrator 'have stopped working' when i load them up.

Windows Version 8.1 Latest patches and updates. Graphics card AMD Radeon 295x2. Updated last version. No crash log, only windows event log.

I have already contacted the indian support guys, but they were not that helpfull and just plain rude but I will make a written complaint for that also. They made me create a new 'admin' user on my system and all should work, well thats just a bogus solution. This update was issued by Adobe and this has nothing to do with userdata. I cant create new users every time software updates, this should be tested by Adobe. I suggest adding a better 'cleaning' tool that also cleans user/roamdata.

I uninstalled, used the cleaner tool, cleaned registry , reinstalled still the same bug.
Muse , Lightroom CC 2015 all work apart from Photoshop and Illustrator.

So please fix this!!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015
This should be solved by the CC 2015.1 update that was released today: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate
68 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the librarylookupfile, and it appears to have solved my problem. Is it okay to delete the librarylookupfile-old file now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pam, yes, it is. I recommended renaming just in case it wasn't causing your problem. But if it worked, the old file is corrupt.

Thanks,
Corne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, Corne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just restored my computer. Reinstalled PS CC 2015 - TWICE. I can't even use it. Everytime I open it, it stops working and shuts down. I'm really frustrated and I'm angry that Adobe is one of the worst customer service providers. No one to help on a Sunday. No email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julie, please refer to Corné van Driel's solution posted above. It worked for me and is painless to apply. I, too, had tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop before finding Corné's post.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Renaming Librarylookup resolved the problem (at least for now).

Rename the librarylookupfile

Quit Photoshop CC 2015
Navigate to this location: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\
Tip: To access the user Appdata folder, you can press windows+R key to open Run window and type appdata.
Rename librarylookupfile to librarylookupfile-old
Relaunch Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be corrected in the Photoshop CC 2015.0.1 update which was released today. Details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jeffrey! I'm updating my blog to reflect this.

Regards,
Corne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may still experience an issue if the file is corrupted, but it no longer crashed Photoshop and is now handled by this dialog.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the new version and still have the problem. It won't let me SAVE anything!!! What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted library and renamed it. It just comes back again

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

library lookup file

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file will be recreated once Photoshop launches - that is normal.
But removing the corrupt file should allow Photoshop to launch.

But first, make sure you have the 2015.0.1 update installed - it already fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just invested 1200 dollars in a new desktop, and loaded my CC account, and al my edits I need to work on... and guess what? NO PHOTOSHOP!

It opens, then before I can transfer my RAW file it closes.... no saves, just a bunch of .xmp files. Yes, I could use lightroom nut I HATE it and I KNOW how to use PS 2014.

Help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above, this issue was solved in the Photoshop 2015.0.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, right now I'm on my 4th download of that, so far, it has NOT helped. Meanwhile, my clients are flipping !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2015 Sep 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP!

Signed out of CC on my laptop ( which is a lenovo P.O.S., but PS 14 runs fine on) and then uninstalled ALL adobe software on a new HP pavillion 23, made sure ALL drivers are up to date, created a new administrator and on the 20th re-download /uninstall rollercoaster......

it stilll crashes.

Spoke to Customer Support-no help. I have no files for photoshop or I would rename the bad file- they aren't there. I've checked each go round. Obviously this is an ADOBE cc issue, not an equipment issue.

Is there another editing software I can purchase and install manually to hold me over? I'm looking at week TWO of this issue. I save all photos i shoot in .NEF, limimting my editing.

Im now turning down clients I'm so far behind on edits. ANd ANGRY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a little more detail about the issue you are experiencing Melanie? A screenshot of the crash dialog perhaps?

Thanks,
Corne

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no alert, warning, etc. It opens, intializes panels opens and before I can get a file open it just disappears. All firewalls are off, all virus software off......

I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything showing up in the event logs? (WIN+R -> eventvwr -> Enter) Look under Application.
Also, any log files in here: C:\Users\CornévanDriel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings
(replace my name with your user name)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh... interesting enough, I have no appdata files for Photoshop.

Corel just got my business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting a lot of traffic and comments for this issue on my website. Most of the new comments appear to be for other, non-related issues.

Here is a guide to help people search for solutions effectively online.

How Fault Code and Offeset Work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be solved by the CC 2015.1 update that was released today: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue. I had to reload my OS - Windows 7- and when I installed CC everything worked well including installing apps but when I try to launch any of them, not just PS, they all do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having this issue, it means that you have not installed the Photoshop CC 2015 updates. This issue was fixed in the 2015.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate