• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Hiding sometimes makes it irretrievable

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple times per day when I hide Photoshop (command+h), go to do something in another application, then click the Photoshop icon in my dock, Photoshop won't come back. I can right-click on the icon and select "Show" but it won't come back. I also use hot corners, but when I mouse over to show all application windows, it says "No available windows." I have to quit the application and restart it. I can right-click and select "Quit," and it will work, rather than having to force quit. Then it will be fine for a few hours before it does it again. I am running Mac OS 10.12.4 and recently wiped my computer to reinstall CC applications because they were all lagging. (SO much rainbow wheel.) Since doing this, I've encountered this Photoshop problem.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018
Apple recently released macOS 10.13.4 which should fix this issue with the current version of Photoshop. Please let us know if you're still having issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't had it anymore :
OS 10.13.3
PS 19.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem with Mac OS 10.13.3 and PS 19.1.2.  

It's not a permant problem but this is what I see today.

1. Alt-click to the desktop hides all PS toolbars but not the documents

2. Hiding PS from the menu (ctrl-command-H) hides nothing

3. Alt-click to another app (Acrobat in this test) will hide PS behind Acrobat but not from the desktop (#1)

4. I minimize the docs in PS so they hide in the Dock and then I alt-click the desktop and now everything is hidden (a work around to hide PS completely). I click the document icon to the far right in the Dock and it's shown again in PS.

5. I activated the Dock setting "Minimize windows into application icon".  I minimize the docs and they hide in the PS icon. I click the PS icon and... nothing. I right click and get the standard menu but no documents to open. I had to switch to PS and go to the Window menu and select a document to show them again. I did the same thing with Acrobat. Minimize to the Acrobat icon. One click on the icon and the doc pops up again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple recently released macOS 10.13.4 which should fix this issue with the current version of Photoshop. Please let us know if you're still having issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the news, but unfortunately in my case I'm on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and can't upgrade unless I send the Mac to IT department, etc. I'll test at my home computer, though! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This did resolve the issue, but now the problem is back and even more aggressive with InDesign CC 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate