• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: How can I change the language on iPadOS/mobile?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run my iPad in German but I am used to work with photoshop in English. Sometimes it’s hard to understand the German translations. So I would like to work with Photoshop on iPad in English as well. But I don’t see how I can change the language of the app.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019
Hallo Daniel,

Photoshop's language on the iPad currently is set up to automatically match the OS's language.  Therefore, for now, if you want your PS in English, you'll have to set your iPad also to English.

Currently supported langauges are English, French, German, and Japanese, but more will be coming.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Daniel,

Photoshop's language on the iPad currently is set up to automatically match the OS's language.  Therefore, for now, if you want your PS in English, you'll have to set your iPad also to English.

Currently supported langauges are English, French, German, and Japanese, but more will be coming.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m Brazilian, I’ve downloaded photoshop to my iPad but it doesn’t offer Portuguese option, it came in French! How can I change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bom dia, Paula!

Photoshop on the iPad follows the iPad's language.  At this time, we're not supporting Portuguese, so you'll get the last one of the four supported langauges you used on your iPad (this is Apple's paradigm for the iPad -- I agree it's weird and doesn't match any other software context).  So, if you want PS in English on your iPad, switch your OS langauge to English, otherwise, you can roll with French.

I hope that helps.  Feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

Obrigado,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my iPad in Spanish, but my photoshop was installed in French version. For me it’s ok Spanish or English. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Jose,
You Photoshop on the iPad should match the language of your iPad's OS.  The only exception is in the case of languages we do not support yet, you'll get the UI of the last supported language you used.  Is that not what you are seeing?
Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ipad is in Dutch. And Photoshop installs as French. English would be more logic. I don't speak French. Also there is no link in the Settings ... Applications.... It doesn't seem to appear. Everything is updated. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim,
Photoshop on the iPad has four languages: English, French, German, and Japanese.  If your OS is Dutch then it will pick the one that your OS was last in.  Try switching your iPad to English and then reinstalling.
Thanks,David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the quick answer. I wil try switching the language to English. Funny because i bought this Ipad Pro in an official Applestore in Florida last year. But why is the app not showing in the settings menu of the ipad? I also have other products of Adobe installed. Premiere Rush and Photoshop Express. And you can change the language there.
Kind regards
Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate