• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I am not able to define the size of my brush with my wacom pen

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated my Photoshop to Photoshop CC18 and now I am not able to define the size of my brush with my wacom pen. Using the right mouse key + ALT , it works as it is used to be but using the pen + ALT (using the button as right mouse key) I only can choose a colour. Can anyone help me ?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018
The alt right click issue has been fixed with Photoshop 19.1, so you do not have to use the PSUserConfig file to revert to WinTab. If you do use the WinTab fallback you need to make sure the file name is exactly "PSUserConfig.txt" and the file needs to be in the location specific to the version that you are running. (PSUserConfig in PS2017 location does not work for PS2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate
55 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same problem. When i click the pen button the brush size selector briefly pops up but almost instantly disappears. I already tried reinstalling/resettting the pen driver, but no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep thats just what i did. reinstalled the driver but it only drives me crazy 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found a solution for Photoshop. Create a file named  "PSUserConfig.txt" and this file add the line "UseSystemStylus 0" (without the quotes). Then copy this file to 
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings. 

.RackMultipart2017110824975nn72-bb21d706-7cf6-4c29-a0ff-632db419033c-2117591843.png

Finally in the Wacom drivers create a profile for Photoshop (if you haven't already) and then go to "Mappings" and uncheck the "Use Windows Ink" checkbox. 

RackMultipart20171108116924h91-fb040025-0d29-4947-b47b-e2b37d8b3efc-2003723775.png

These changes will make PhotoShop use a different API for accessing the stylus (WinTab instead of Windows Ink) and with these changes I managed to get both pressure sensitivity and my pen+ALT functionality restored

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO SO SO much !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my all life! Thanks we have to report it to Adobe and share it during the time they correct it!
I only had to uncheck "Use Windows Ink" for my Wacom Cintiq 27QHD. It workw again so many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating photoshop to CC2018 and fall update win 10 is  my wacom tablet (pen) stoped changing the size and hardnes of brushes. "Right" button on pen is set like right and except resizing is working fine. I have latest drivers of wacom, but it was same with driver 6.3.19 and now I'm close to break my intuous pro M by hammer 🙂 In discussions I've seen this issue last time on june 2017, but without answer. Please save my tablet 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miguel,

I merged your post with this duplicate thread. See the solution above. Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually old school person use the bracket [] to change the brush size, but i used to change it by using alt+right click (on my wacom pen first click, which is right click) and drag to change the brush size, found this doesnt work anymore after i update the latest version of photoshop cc, i try to reinstall the driver, swap the keyboard input to US, but still doesnt work, but this shortcut can work buy using alt+ right click ( ON MOUSE ), HELP,  I need a ways to solved this asap, rushing school assignment please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anson,

I merged your post with a duplicate thread. See the solution above. Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro
Photoshop CC 2018
Wacom Intuos Pro Med

No pressure sensitivity, even though the wacom driver shows installed and pressure working. Nothing, no user config, nothing works. 
Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micah,

When you say "no user config" are you saying that you tried the solution that worked for some of the users in this thread and it didn't help you? Just want to be clear.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem since the W10 fall creators update.
Deactivating windows ink does fix the issue BUT when doing so I lose pressure sensitivity. So it is not a solution.
Can't believe such a basic functionality have been broken like that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SKIPPY, have you tried creating the PSUserConfig.txt as I showed in my post? With this setup I have pressure sensitivity in Photoshop even with Windows Ink disabled. 

I agree however, that the current situation is less than ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a file, as you suggested. But when I disable Windows Ink, I lose the pressure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your solution. It sure made my day. Now I'm happy again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You. Are. Awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youuuuu!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank u soooooo muchhhh!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the assistance - this solution hasn't worked for me though. when i do it, there's no difference in result than just deactivating windows ink - i.e. there's no tablet sensitivity at all. pay for 8000 levels of pressure,  only have the ability to use 1!

windows 10 home
photoshop cc 19.1.0
wacom intuos pro medium pth-660 

is there anyone else with a possible solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The alt right click issue has been fixed with Photoshop 19.1, so you do not have to use the PSUserConfig file to revert to WinTab. If you do use the WinTab fallback you need to make sure the file name is exactly "PSUserConfig.txt" and the file needs to be in the location specific to the version that you are running. (PSUserConfig in PS2017 location does not work for PS2018)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your quick response, Mike

however, the alt right click issue has not been fixed in my case. in fact, the alt right click issue is not something i even experienced until updating to PS19.1 .0 . 

i have tried installing PS 19.1 (as opposed to 19.1.0) and the problem is present in that one also.  is there anything you can suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 19.1 after reading this thread and the problem is not fixed. Alt-right-click just gives me the colour picker, not the brush size slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,