• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I have no text cursor/highlight, no bounding boxes, or selection edges working on CMYK documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated photoshop to 2019 20.0 and now the text tool is misbehaving. I see no cursor and I can't select tpe. There is just nothing. I obviously disabled the stupid lorum ipsum nonsense, so when I click with the text tool, there is absolutely no indicatation that anything is happening. My coworker has the same problem and reset his preferences which fixed nothing.
Running Sierra 10.12.6

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019
This issue should be fixed in the current version, Photoshop 2020 v21.x or later. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 133 Replies 133
133 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue as well, running photoshop with macOS High Sierra. this issue is huge and a time suck. hoping for a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The boundary box is missing when I transform!! Why??? Adobe please fix PSD. I resorted to go back to my CS3 system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this actually worked 01/09/19 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all these fixes, and still no transform controls. I'm running on a PC, Windows 10, latest update. RGB files. I can't even find the checkbox where I can turn on the transform controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting Edit > Transform...? Or in the Move tool (top tool in the toolbar)? If the later, you can click "Show Transform Controls" in the tool options bar across the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Mojave 10.14
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, with any kind of layer/file. Transformation Controls not showing even though all the boxes are ticked.
I'm on Mac Mojave with the latest Photoshop CC 2019 installed.

I tried all of the following:
  • Ticking / Unticking / Ticking again Show Transformation Controls: didn't work
  • Ticking / Unticking / Ticking again Show Extra: didn't work 
  • Opening an existing RGB document or new RGB document, first thing as soon as I start Photoshop: nothing
  • disabling OpenGL drawing in Photoshop's preferences: nothing
It's unbelievably frustrating to work without Transform Controls/Bounding boxes, the most I could do was to get Layers Edges to show (View > Show > Layer Edges), but that still doesn't help when trying to transform layers. 

I am thinking to go back to CC 2018!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried leaving the Graphics Processor checked but clicked on the advanced tab and turned the graphics processor to "Normal" mode. It fixed the problem with text highlighting and bounding boxes showing up in CMYK mode. Hopefully that will help in still having a Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS High Siera Photoshop CC 20.0.02 The fix of turning the Graphics Processor to Normal mode in the advanced tab fixed the problem in CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 20.0.2  Windows 10.  Turning off GPU sometimes fixes the issue. Document was always RGB, never CYMK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.14.3
Photoshop CC 20.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the workaround. It does work. Amazing that this is still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found an easy workaround: i notice the problem occured only when i work with CMYK document. all i need to do is open an RGB document and just keep it in the background. works everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High SIerra

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah, this workaround hasn't worked for me. I am using macOS Mojave. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe is doing very bad thing with the user interface..... Transform tool
change with Shitf key thats is STUPID after a lot of versions u change that. AMAZING just waiting for a new patch without those trash changes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 20 years of pro use. These latest ‘updates’ are making me consider abandoning Adobe completely. It’s all bugs, no real working advantages. The 2019 release of PS is shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
Photoshop 20.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Photoshop CC 2019 and i'm noticing some display bugs with a range of tools.

• The lasso tool doesn't display your selection while drawing. When adding to the selection, you can see the selection you're drawing. The quick work around is draw a small selection and then draw your real selection by shift-dragging. But it's just annoying.
  • When using the brush tool you very quickly get a 'spinning balls' cursor, instead of your brush size. This makes precision painting a real pain, as you can no longer see the edge of your brush.
  • Then there is the free transform tool. You used to get a bounding box with points around it from where you can drag the different transforms. Now you have to go and guess where to place your cursor to do anything. It makes the transform tool quite unusable. The 'fix' is to turn off graphics acceleration in your preferences, but this used to work just fine in previous versions with GPU acceleration.

My guess is that Adobe has changed the way tools are rendered on-screen (The rectangular marquee selector is now coloured, for instance), but clearly more work needs to be done.  These problems persist along a range of iMacs and MacPro's at my office, all are running macOS Mojave and are no older than 5 years.

Below is the system info for my particular iMac

Thank you,

Evert

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I can't add a photo credit using the type tool, so I decided to not waste any more time looking for a simple solution from Adobe. I decided to Canva or RelayThat to the add text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to MacOS Mojave last weekend, and now none of my selections are highlighted or outlined, and transform controls (the little boxes you can select to stretch or re-size objects) are no longer showing. I can guess where the control boxes are, and then resize objects, but it's hit and miss. Same for text selections; selected text is not highlighted but I can edit text by typing after guessing the selection.

For example, if I select a layer, select the move tool, make sure the "Show Transform Controls" is selected, there is no visual prompt in my edit window to show that any item is selected. Yet I can move the object (with no visual clues or guides for the selection), or I can select a corner by guessing where the small box selection would be, then scale or stretch the object. Again, other than the object changing shape, there are no guides or lines to show me bounding boxes, alignment to other objects etc.

I'm running Mac OS 10.14.1 and Photoshop CC 20.0.1. I've tried switching between Mojave light and dark modes, but this has no impact. I've also rebooted several times.

Help, this is a pretty fundamental problem; I'm running blind!

Thanks

Gareth

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave 10.14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!! This finally worked.  It was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop V20.0.4 on an iMac with the latest version of Mojave. While working on a CMYK document, I was attempting to draw a selection with the Polygonal Lasso Tool. The outline does not appear as I'm drawing however, so it's impossible to know where your outline is. To "fix" I have to open an RGB document first, then switch back to the CMYK document in order to draw the outline. I know this was reported previously, possibly as far back at v20.0.0. I just wanted to confirm that it is *still* broken. As I'm working more and more with CMYK documents, I'd like to ask if there is any chance of a fix for this within the foreseeable future.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An answer on a message board that actually worked!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate