• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I have no text cursor/highlight, no bounding boxes, or selection edges working on CMYK documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated photoshop to 2019 20.0 and now the text tool is misbehaving. I see no cursor and I can't select tpe. There is just nothing. I obviously disabled the stupid lorum ipsum nonsense, so when I click with the text tool, there is absolutely no indicatation that anything is happening. My coworker has the same problem and reset his preferences which fixed nothing.
Running Sierra 10.12.6

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019
This issue should be fixed in the current version, Photoshop 2020 v21.x or later. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 133 Replies 133
133 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George! Thanks for the tip. It seems to be working. The graphics output itself looks a bit off - more noise. I wonder if I could be missing something.

Hannah,

I will send you over my system details too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome — thanks much Chris! Appreciate you taking the initiative!

Cordially,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*PriscaB  thanks much! I had the same problem since the last update (PS v22), I followed your suggestion and now it's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, running Photoshop v.22.0 on Windows 10. I have to completely disable graphics card processor acceleration to patch the problem. My graphics card is a GTX 1070 TI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry I’m having the above issue, can you help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. I've tried the following fix ideas that I've found online but no luck-

• Restarted photoshop, opened a new file then opened the file I need to work on- doesn't work.
  • Turned off the graphics processor option, restarted photoshop, turned it back on- doesn't work.
  • Set the use legacy new doc interface, restarted photoshop, opened file- doesn't work.

Switching to RGB works but I need to work in CMYK. 

I just updated photoshop four days ago. I have windows 10 pro. I'd appreciate any help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone and thanks for the support. After last update (2021) , text is not selectable with cursor.
If I add text to a document with the Text tool, I can't select it with the mouse anymore.

My configuration is: Intel I7 10th gen

16gb Ram ddr5

GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q Design

Could anyone please help me? Tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please follow this thread if you're affected by Text UI not showing in Photoshop 22 for updates: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-220-text-selectingediting-ui-not-di... 

Archiving this old thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate